Can't quite nail it. Advice please Guru's - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can't quite nail it. Advice please Guru's

Hey Guys,

I'm just shy of 6ft and about 95kg.

I'm an intermediate snowboarder, looking to purchase my first soft-ish all-mountain progressive board. (I know I'm asking a lot -.-).

I've tried the

- Bataleon Global Warmer 154
- Bataleon Evil Twin 154

The GW was great fun, easy to press, fun to butter on and throw about, but I'm not sure if for my weight is a little to flexy for my to be able to use it on most conditions on the mountain. Would a 157 make it a little more stable on choppy conditions?

The Evil Twin was good stability, but way to stiff for my liking.

I've seen the Bataleon Whatever, is this an in the middle alternative?

A few boards that have taken a liking too are (I'm open to all suggestions and experiences so please suggest boards that you think might be fitting!),

Burton Superhero
Bataleon Whatever
Nitro Rook
K2 Raygun

I suppose I'm looking for an all rounder that is a little on the softer side so I can play around on the mountain.

Also length suggestions would be great, I think between 156-158 is a good suit for my.

Thanks for your help guys!

Dan
-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rome Garage Rocker $155 EVO.com -$10 code welcome can do park all mountain.
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The whatever does fit between the ET and GW, however the TBT profile on it is different. It is slightly more tbt then the ET. It is softer though but not as noodley as the GW.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

I think the raygun would be perfect for you on that list, but more like 158-160.

I weigh 20lbs less than you and squash a 156. This is all preference, but thats my 2c.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

What kind of ridding do you like to do? Are you hitting the park at all? I'm asking because most of what you are considering are true twins so do you ride switch a lot?

If you do then I'm going to suggest a Rook 158, awesome board.

If no switch or park riding and you want a great versatile all mountain board I suggest a couple different boards. The Yes Basic 158 is a solid under rated deck that everyone seems to forget about and the Rossignol One Magtek 159 is also a great board.
Lovethebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a superhero and I love it
ryguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDogWax View Post
Rome Garage Rocker $155 EVO.com -$10 code welcome can do park all mountain.
looks promising, but I have a friend who snapped this board, is it because of the cheap wood? thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
The whatever does fit between the ET and GW, however the TBT profile on it is different. It is slightly more tbt then the ET. It is softer though but not as noodley as the GW.
What difference will more tbt make, as its going away from park tbt to freestyle tbt isn't it? thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I think the raygun would be perfect for you on that list, but more like 158-160.

I weigh 20lbs less than you and squash a 156. This is all preference, but thats my 2c.
do you ride the raygun? how is its flex for buttering etc? I'd get the 158 as I still want to hit park up, thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethebean View Post
What kind of ridding do you like to do? Are you hitting the park at all? I'm asking because most of what you are considering are true twins so do you ride switch a lot?

If you do then I'm going to suggest a Rook 158, awesome board.

If no switch or park riding and you want a great versatile all mountain board I suggest a couple different boards. The Yes Basic 158 is a solid under rated deck that everyone seems to forget about and the Rossignol One Magtek 159 is also a great board.
I do mostly park here in the UK (well try to! Lol) and when abroad, I hit off piste and park and just have fun around the mountain (finding natural hits etc). I want the ability to learn switch properly for 180's etc, which is why i'm looking for twin.

Have you tried the Rook? A lot of people are saying its quite stiff. thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy15 View Post
I have a superhero and I love it
Whats the flex like? I was suggested it in the board shop thanks for the reply!
-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan View Post

Whats the flex like? I was suggested it in the board shop thanks for the reply!
The superhero has squeeze box which is Burton's core profiling technology which means the core is thinner between and under the bindings and by the tip and tail and that the core is thicker outside bindings. I think the flex overall is a medium but you can for sure feel the squeeze box. I like it though it makes the board feel more poppy and maneuverable. It is hard to describe but hopefully this helps.
ryguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I recommend the salomon villain, soft but not too soft, im 175 lbs and riding a 155 all over the mountain you might like the 155 as well as you seem to like shorter boards, if you think the villain might be too soft for you the salomon assassin is the same board just slightly stiffer and slightly longer tips.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

I rode a Rook for two years and loved it, one of my favorite boards ever. Did not find it too stiff and being 175 lbs neither will you.
Lovethebean is offline   Reply With Quote