Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Flow Blackout Review? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/115929-flow-blackout-review.html)

AMSMiTH 01-01-2014 08:32 PM

Flow Blackout Review?

Howdy howdy. I can't seem to find a decent review for the 13/14 Flow Blackout. Has anyone on here personally ridden it? I'd really appreciate some feedback on it. I'm looking to demo one but haven't found a shop that offers Flow's for demo yet.

Nivek 01-01-2014 08:43 PM

Own it. What exactly would you like to know?

AMSMiTH 01-01-2014 08:59 PM

Hey Nivek, when you recommended it to me I thought you said it was your roommate that owned one. I'm wondering how it handles charging groomers and reacts in pow compared to other boards. How does the ABT feel, does it really help in the crud? Are there other boards you'd recommend that can do what the Blackout does but better?

To refresh, I'm looking for something mainly for groomers, fast and aggressive. With occasional pow, no park. Want something that can handle the crud at the end of the day also. You've already recommended some good boards but since I can't find a place to demo the Blackout yet I'd love to hear a detailed review, couldn't find one in English.

SJ10 01-01-2014 09:06 PM

Was about to ask about the board as well. Currently split time between a mod camber and mans board. Would like to how it compares to those two or the following:

-flex feel/ rating out of ten.
-edge hold, carving ability.
-abt effect
-energy return/ pop

Thanks in advance

Nivek 01-01-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMSMiTH (Post 1390137)
Hey Nivek, when you recommended it to me I thought you said it was your roommate that owned one. I'm wondering how it handles charging groomers and reacts in pow compared to other boards. How does the ABT feel, does it really help in the crud? Are there other boards you'd recommend that can do what the Blackout does but better?

To refresh, I'm looking for something mainly for groomers, fast and aggressive. With occasional pow, no park. Want something that can handle the crud at the end of the day also. You've already recommended some good boards but since I can't find a place to demo the Blackout yet I'd love to hear a detailed review, couldn't find one in English.

At the time yes. And now I own one. His was a 56 and mine is a 53. Hopefully I get a real chance to ride powder tomorrow, but it was his choice in the bigger size when he was at Tailgate AK. The ABT in the Blackout does work well. Being directly under the toes and heels it dampens flat and when up on edge. It really does a good job quieting out the ride in chop. If it says much to the board, at a couple of the demoes with guys riding the Blackout, Mans Board, Assassin, Proto, Cobra, and the Subculture, majority asked us where and how much the Blackout was saying they liked it best. Honestly if you're looking for a camber dominant deck I really haven't ridden anything better, there's definitely some stuff that's right around the same level in a different way but not all together "better". As far as a deck that blends a quiet ride while skirting that planky dead feeling, this is the best I've ridden. The next closest deck I'd wanna own for the same riding purposes I'm using mine for would be the Custom FV or Yes Asym.

AMSMiTH 01-02-2014 02:14 PM

Thanks! What is it specifically you're using your Blackout for?

Nivek 01-02-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMSMiTH (Post 1392393)
Thanks! What is it specifically you're using your Blackout for?

Days I'll probably still end up in the park for a couple runs but are primarily blasting around the mountain or resort pow days where the pow won't last all day. And jumpy days.

Also it's as good as any other directional train camber dominant mid stiff all mountain deck in pow. I quite like it there actually.