Flow Blackout Review? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Flow Blackout Review?

Howdy howdy. I can't seem to find a decent review for the 13/14 Flow Blackout. Has anyone on here personally ridden it? I'd really appreciate some feedback on it. I'm looking to demo one but haven't found a shop that offers Flow's for demo yet.
AMSMiTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Own it. What exactly would you like to know?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey Nivek, when you recommended it to me I thought you said it was your roommate that owned one. I'm wondering how it handles charging groomers and reacts in pow compared to other boards. How does the ABT feel, does it really help in the crud? Are there other boards you'd recommend that can do what the Blackout does but better?

To refresh, I'm looking for something mainly for groomers, fast and aggressive. With occasional pow, no park. Want something that can handle the crud at the end of the day also. You've already recommended some good boards but since I can't find a place to demo the Blackout yet I'd love to hear a detailed review, couldn't find one in English.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Was about to ask about the board as well. Currently split time between a mod camber and mans board. Would like to how it compares to those two or the following:

-flex feel/ rating out of ten.
-edge hold, carving ability.
-abt effect
-energy return/ pop

Thanks in advance
SJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSMiTH View Post
Hey Nivek, when you recommended it to me I thought you said it was your roommate that owned one. I'm wondering how it handles charging groomers and reacts in pow compared to other boards. How does the ABT feel, does it really help in the crud? Are there other boards you'd recommend that can do what the Blackout does but better?

To refresh, I'm looking for something mainly for groomers, fast and aggressive. With occasional pow, no park. Want something that can handle the crud at the end of the day also. You've already recommended some good boards but since I can't find a place to demo the Blackout yet I'd love to hear a detailed review, couldn't find one in English.
At the time yes. And now I own one. His was a 56 and mine is a 53. Hopefully I get a real chance to ride powder tomorrow, but it was his choice in the bigger size when he was at Tailgate AK. The ABT in the Blackout does work well. Being directly under the toes and heels it dampens flat and when up on edge. It really does a good job quieting out the ride in chop. If it says much to the board, at a couple of the demoes with guys riding the Blackout, Mans Board, Assassin, Proto, Cobra, and the Subculture, majority asked us where and how much the Blackout was saying they liked it best. Honestly if you're looking for a camber dominant deck I really haven't ridden anything better, there's definitely some stuff that's right around the same level in a different way but not all together "better". As far as a deck that blends a quiet ride while skirting that planky dead feeling, this is the best I've ridden. The next closest deck I'd wanna own for the same riding purposes I'm using mine for would be the Custom FV or Yes Asym.

Also, buy my things?

Last edited by Nivek; 01-01-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks! What is it specifically you're using your Blackout for?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSMiTH View Post
Thanks! What is it specifically you're using your Blackout for?
Days I'll probably still end up in the park for a couple runs but are primarily blasting around the mountain or resort pow days where the pow won't last all day. And jumpy days.

Also it's as good as any other directional train camber dominant mid stiff all mountain deck in pow. I quite like it there actually.

Also, buy my things?
Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

So how does the Blackout compare to the Quantum? Seems almost identical except directional and damper due to the ABT. I had pulled the trigger on a Quantum at the end of the season for my all mt freestyle deck, but now I'm thinking the Blackout would be just as good in the jump line but better outside the park...
Brewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Blackout is a little softer torsionally, a bit narrower, and smoother. The directionalness of the Blackout isn't really that noticeable in pow. My roommate used them both pretty interchangeably as his freestyle pow deck this year.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. They're close enough that they twinned out the Blacklist and got rid of the Quantum for 2015.

Also, buy my things?