Board Length Help - Lib Tech TRS - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Length Help - Lib Tech TRS

Hey guys!
So I'm getting myself my first snowboard, a Lib Tech TRS Women's edition.
But I can't seem to decide on what size to get it in, and I'll love some advice.

Problem is I'm not too tall, but I'm a bit on the heavier side.
So I'm a 5.1 feet, which is 155cm,
and I weigh 60 kilos, 133 pounds.
According to the site, the recommended size (based purely on weight) would be a 157cm board, for a level 5 flex. That a board that's taller than me!

I could downsize to a 154 cm, but at the same time I wouldn't want to over load it - and make the flex all soft.

So I'm having a bit of trouble deciding. Especially since, the general sizing charts I've looked through the internet have been recommending a 149cm board, for my height and weight.

Not too sure if the TRS is designed to be a bit longer or something. But I really wouldn't want to make a costly mistake just because the sizing.

Also, to give you a bit of my background. I'm a longboarder, and this will be my first venture into snowboarding. Based on what I've read, the TRS seems to be a versatile board for freestyling and for hitting the mountains as well, something I'll be able to handle and progress with.

But I'm still stuck on what length I should get, so any advice would be very appreciated, thanks!
brindha_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

rent/borrow until you find what works best, i say try a 145
AHRMA69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Are you a woman? I only ask because you state you are getting the TRS women's edition, when there is non.

There is the narrow and regular TRS. So if you are a woman, why are you getting a TRS?

If you are not a woman, that's cool. You are reading their chart wrong. The number you see is the minimum weight recommended for that board, but that's not optimal.

At 130lbs I'd be looking 147-150. What is your boot size
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

There was actually a thread bout the women's TRS a few weeks ago http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...rs-female.html you may find it helpful. I think there is a "narrows" (or the boards denoted with the size followed by the "N" )sizing chart independent of the regular sizing and you want to look at that for the women's sizing. Make sure you go by weight and also it is just a recommendation on the range as many overlap--if you are on the lighter end it will be stiffer and more stable but harder to manuever and if you are on the heavier end it will be more flexy but maybe less stable but easier to turn etc. Depends on what you prefer.
Fewdfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

You have no idea how relieved I am that it's minimum weights listed on the charts!
And yes I'm a woman, and I had thought it was a woman's board as I had stated woman when I applied the filter to the board selector.
I haven't got my boots yet, but for ice hockey shoes, I'm an 7.5 women's, 6.5 men's.

So right now, I'm thinking of getting the 148 or 151 cm. I'm leaning a bit more towards the 148 for more maneuverability as I'm a beginner. Also, generally speaking, to mantain a certain flex, would you increase length or reduce it with increasing weight?

Let me know what you think about the 148 and 151, and if you could recommend between the two, that'll be great!

I'm ordering this boards all the way from sunny Malaysia, and I really don't have the chance to test them out as my lessons are planned 2 days after I fly into the US.

Thanks so much for your help!

And just to double check, it is minimum weight listed on the chart provided right?
brindha_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
length, lib tech, size, trs, weight