Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Jumping (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/116177-jumping.html)

d2cycles 01-02-2014 04:30 PM

Jumping

Question: I have one board that I'm noticeably better at jumping than any of my other boards. I thought it was in my head but I swapped boards 1/2 through a day and sure enough, I started crashing off of the same jumps with a different board.

Jumping rank order of boards that I currently own:
Cobra (161)
Billy Goat (159)
Proto (157)
Parkstar (155)
98 NS Wide (159)
TRS (157)

I land (without crashing) around 90% of my jumps on the Cobra. That is probably 20-30% higher than anything else. Thoughts why this is true?

linvillegorge 01-02-2014 04:38 PM

Well, the Cobra is a directional board with some setback and it's your #1. The Billy Goat is a directional twin and it's your #2. The Proto, Parkstar, and TRS are all true twins. Seems like you prefer directional boards for jumping with a definite preference for directional boards with some setback.

Casual 01-02-2014 04:43 PM

Define crashing. Like landing off balance tail heavy? turning sideways in the air? Landing on your face?

The Cobra is your biggest board, probably your most stable so your taking off stable thus landing your jumps. Really though it shouldn't matter which board your on you need to work on your technique which should transfer to any of your boards or your doin it wrong...

linvillegorge 01-02-2014 04:45 PM

Oh god, I'm normally not a grammar Nazi, but that was too egregious to let slide. :laugh:

your vs. you're

jdang307 01-02-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1392801)
Oh god, I'm normally not a grammar Nazi, but that was too egregious to let slide. :laugh:

your vs. you're

Well since you started it, you also wrote Cobra where you should say Proto.:laugh:

linvillegorge 01-02-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 1392817)
Well since you started it, you also wrote Cobra where you should say Proto.:laugh:

Yes I did! :laugh: Fixed it!

d2cycles 01-02-2014 04:57 PM

I had not thought about directional vs twin....hmm.

Jumping for me is up to medium sized park jumps, 10-20' rock drops and my favorite is carrying some good speed and jumping off of the lip made by the roads. I'm not very good...I mostly do straight jumps with some grabs or a shifty and a few 180s. I prefer to start switch when jumping a 180 though. I will do any of the 4 180s (only on small jumps). I do some straight jumps switch...just smaller stuff.

My crashes vary from too much weight forward or back to catching an edge. Most of my crashes result from a forward or back weight bias though...in those scenarios, I skid out after doing some crazy ballet type spin upon landing. When I catch an edge, I see a few stars and talk funny for a while :laugh:

Casual 01-02-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1392801)

your vs. you're

On a forum I dont even try and I dont even care :)