Resist the sale or jump on the deal? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Omeriah

Default Resist the sale or jump on the deal?

I have been riding Switch bindings and Vans Flyaway Boa boots since 2003. I'm an aggressive carver and powder kicker, never ever in the park. I live in MI so only get about 10-12 days a year (sad). I *thought* that I loved my Switch bindings until I discovered that the newer strap-ins are probably way more responsive and much improved since 03. So I am looking for new boots and bindings.

My local shop is recommending Burton Coalition H.O.D. boots for $100 and Flux Titan bindings for $120. These are liquidation sales and not returnable. I can't seem to find any reviews of the boots online though I mostly see good stuff about the Flux. But the prices are much cheaper than I would expect. Makes me wonder if I am getting mediocre gear. I am not a mediocre gear rider! I ride hard all day long and keep my gear until it dies.

So the questions are:
>> Is this decent gear? Is it going to perform to my pretty high standards?
>> Should I resist the temptation, have some patience, invest more and get better gear?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Omeriah

By the way, I carve at high speed, often on junky snow. So I need a stiff binding. I read a few times that Flux Titans are for the park. True?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

im pretty sure titans are freestyle bindings..and the coalitions are going to be hard to find reviews on because they are a limited edition boot. at least i think thats what coalition is. i would personally stay away from flux, for whatever reason im not a fan and there old stuff was uber shitty...
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

BURTON H.O.D. REVIEW:
If you like it loud and fast, look no further. The ultimate park slayer, the NEW H.O.D. uses BoxerTech to reduce its footprint one full size, eliminating weight, overhang and excess slop. This translates to enhanced board control, quicker reaction speeds and less toe and heel drag when getting tech in the park and on jibs. All killer, no filler, let the H.O.D. turn your entire mountain into one giant park.

Flux Titans are freestyle bindings with a soft to medium flex, I'm thinking you need something a little with a little less flex. Look into Burtons bindings, I don't like there boards but I swear by there bindings.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

If you like carving and want a stiff binding, look no further than the Rome Arsenals. I believe Coalitions are park boots.

Quote:
Makes me wonder if I am getting mediocre gear. I am not a mediocre gear rider! I ride hard all day long and keep my gear until it dies.
I'd say you are if you buy those.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

arsenals are great bindings if you want stiff, i have celsius boots and i swear by them..

where in michigan btw?
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote