Boards Like the K2 WWW? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Boards Like the K2 WWW?

So, I demoed the WWW this week and absolutely loved it. The thing went where I wanted it to, and was very responsive. Now, its a park board.. and I'm just starting out (although now easing into the park -- just started with rails).. the K2 folks said it would be a great board to grow into.. but maybe something a little more all mountain I might need to look at?

So what's your recommendations?
I was looking at Burton and Ride.. but honestly until the WWW i didn't even consider K2 at all..

Oh, and what exactly is that whole Jib Rocker stuff.. I am trying to figure out exactly it is...

thanks guys
HouseMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the board instead of coming up in the middle goes down on a rocker board. it makes a real nice floaty and skatelike feel, along with effortless butters. you may have thought it was more responsive because it was smaller then your main board though? the k2 does seem to be a nice board though. did you ride the wwwrocker?

others like the k2 are the rome artifact and artifact 1985
ride dh
lib tech skate banana
burton dom,condom,hero

all in all its basically a jibstick which means its really soft, has dull edges, and is a twin tip.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

The more all-mountain/freestyle-centric boards in the K2 line are:

Darkstar - my friend has this (08/09 model), it handles everything pretty damn well.
Jibpan - I own the 07/08 model. It's softer than the Darkstar, has great damping (07/08 has the pre-patent form of Harshmellow) but it already wasn't very good in pow, and the 08/09 on paper should be even worse in pow due to its Jib Tips.
Believer - never ridden it; no comment.

As for more boards like the Weapon, jmac's got em down. I'll just add the Signal Park Series/Rocker to that list.
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

Almost everything Lib Tech and Gnu are making are available with the rocker tech and they both have home good boards for all around the mountain. The Lib Tech TRS BTX comes to mind, so does the Gnu Riders Choice BTX. But I have heard that the riders choice is alot on the heavy side.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

In my mind the WWW is purely a park board. Look at the Darkstar, Believer or Turbo Dream for more of a do-it-all board from K2 that will still perform in the park.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerjammermrk View Post
In my mind the WWW is purely a park board. Look at the Darkstar, Believer or Turbo Dream for more of a do-it-all board from K2 that will still perform in the park.
According to K2 the Turbon Dream is suppost to be the most versitile of there rocker boards. But you are right the WWW is mainly a park board
Old 01-15-2009, 02:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

okay so it seems like the WWW might not be the right board for right now. I dunno, I had that thing outside the park and it seemed to do well, maybe it was just me being new.. I felt like i could put it anywhere I wanted.. maybe it was because it was shorter i dunno.

So the Darkstar might be a better idea? and maybe i should just ride shorter than the 155 i ride now?

Let me add that i just started doing some rails tonight for the first time and I can see myself liking that.. i don't know about jumps and big air -- i'm not a fan of being too far off the ground but who knows.

that seems to still point to the WWW somewhat, but again we have the rest of the hill to consider.. i wont always be in the park.. at least not for a season or two yet.

Last edited by HouseMuzik; 01-15-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

short boards are much funner to ride imo, but im riding on ice mainly, not pow...if your looking for a nice all mt/park board the burton hero is getting great reviews for its everything capabilities..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

Quote:
So the Darkstar might be a better idea?
The Darkstar, Believer, or Turbo Dream is probably a better bet for you. As a beginner, it doesn't make sense to specialize your equipment, since you won't be able to out-ride a do-it-all board in the park or on the mountain. As you progress and get better, you may eventually learn to out-ride an all mountain board in the park or on the steeps. At that point, it's time for something more specialized. In other words, you want your ability to be the limiting factor of your riding, not your board. At this point in your snowboarding career, any board will be able to teach you a lot, so you might as well get a board that can teach you about the park and the steeps.

Quote:
and maybe i should just ride shorter than the 155 i ride now?
What do you weigh?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i weigh 160....