Bindings Soft/Stiff ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bindings Soft/Stiff ?

Sup guy's quick question on bidings. Is it safe to say that Softer bindings are better responsive than stiff ones? Reason I'm asking is I have two boards one for park and one for all mountain. I have the stiffer binder's on my park board and my Softer ones on my all mountain. Would that be correct? Or would it even matter?
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No, it's the other way around, stiff bindings offer faster response to your movements. This is why generally they go stiffer for all mountain rountain or rather freeriding, and using softer bindings to flex to maintain balance and ease of movement over freestyle terrain.

If the two bindings are not that far in difference of flex, you probably won't notice. If there is a huge difference say, the softest bindings around contrast to the stiffest, might be easier to tell. Experience will get you to feel them out more alike to boards to tell the difference, but the first few times trying different gear you won't be able to tell a significant amount until you get a feel for them
IMO.

Side note: I do believe some Pro's have them mixed up though based on their style and preferences, so there is no correct way based on how YOU want it, but keep in mind stiff means more response, soft means more flexible for being more forgiving. Perhaps if someone else has a more in depth technical reply than the basics I stated, please do comment then.

Screw being normal

Last edited by Vlaze; 01-15-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote