Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Having trouble with finding the right board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/116665-having-trouble-finding-right-board.html)

ddgp 01-04-2014 02:47 PM

Having trouble with finding the right board

Hi guys,

I have been to several test centers and so far the boards that I like the most but not being fully amazed are:

1st: K2 WWW
2nd: Salomon Assassin

Nevertheless I would like to know what is your experience with the following boards:

- Burton Super Hero 2014
- GNU Carbon credit 2014
- Lib Tech Skate Banana 2014

My Riding style is: Freestyle: mostly butters, jibbing some boxes at the snowpark and the some mid pops.

For me it is very important that the board it is quite flexible to properly butter it and to turn sharply with good grip.

Let me know your thoughts, in addition Ive got a pair of K2 Maysis boot 44.5 / 10.5 ... shall I go for Wide? I rather not...

Thanks in advance

bseracka 01-04-2014 02:55 PM

no need to go wide. id recommend k2 www, or salomon assassin based on the fact you've ridden them and like them and that is the most important factor. the others are really just suggestions based some one else's opinion, or sales promos

ddgp 01-04-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 1399817)
no need to go wide. id recommend k2 www, or salomon assassin based on the fact you've ridden them and like them and that is the most important factor. the others are really just suggestions based some one else's opinion, or sales promos

Thanks.... indeed good conclusion but they were not a wow factor. I am keen to know the experience on the listed boards since they seem more technical and higher rating boards

Anoy other suggestions are more than welcome...thanks again

wrathfuldeity 01-04-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddgp (Post 1399801)
Hi guys,

My Riding style is: Freestyle: mostly butters, jibbing some boxes at the snowpark and the some mid pops.

For me it is very important that the board it is quite flexible to properly butter it and to turn sharply with good grip.

Thanks in advance

first not wide...second you want a board that WILL UP your skills, i.e., challenge you to progress....have no idea what that might be...not a fs'er

walove 01-04-2014 04:06 PM

K2 fastplant, fun board, easy to ride

ddgp 01-04-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity (Post 1399921)
first not wide...second you want a board that WILL UP your skills, i.e., challenge you to progress....have no idea what that might be...not a fs'er

You are totally in the right, I am not a fresher but I have been renting for looong hence I need to buy to improve my skills... any idea on which to get?

what are your thoughts?

Riley212 01-04-2014 05:21 PM

The salomon Villain seems more up your alley than the assassin. Good pop. holds an edge nicely even in hard snow. i have been learning how to butter and spin on it, i was riding a much stiffer boards. I haven't really been riding my other boards this season it is so much fun.

I have ridden an older skate banana and it definitely had less pop but still held an edge well. You had to load the tips more to get it to pop. They they were similar in flex, the banana being slightly stiffer i think. It had better float in pow.

Nivek 01-04-2014 06:13 PM

Look at the Flow Verve or Burton Parkitect.

ddgp 01-10-2014 01:26 PM

finally made my mind up...

went for Burton Super hero 154 2014 a
malavita EST

risky game... :)

ill let you know all about it