Damaged New Goggles - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spionin

Angry Damaged New Goggles

I just got these Spy Bias goggles in the mail that I ordered from evogear. I was expecting these nice, bright white goggles, but instead I got dirty goggles with clashing off-white logo patches and really scratched up frames. I'm extremely disappointed. What's wierd is that they were in the manufacturer's packaging w/ tags, but I'm thinking they've been used & then returned before I got them. They were on clearance but they still should've been in new condition. I definitely think I'm gonna return them. Has anyone had this happen to them with any equipment before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spionin View Post
I just got these Spy Bias goggles in the mail that I ordered from evogear. I was expecting these nice, bright white goggles, but instead I got dirty goggles with clashing off-white logo patches and really scratched up frames. I'm extremely disappointed. What's wierd is that they were in the manufacturer's packaging w/ tags, but I'm thinking they've been used & then returned before I got them. They were on clearance but they still should've been in new condition. I definitely think I'm gonna return them. Has anyone had this happen to them with any equipment before?
Yup, ordered some 150 tagged POC Spherical goggles from backcountry.com, and got smudged/scratched ones. I called them back told them I expected better than that for top of the line 150 bucks price tag. The guy completely agreed with me, gave me a free UPS label to ship back and got a new one with the goggle bag covering it during shipping in case it got scratched on the box (which I highly doubt).

Call them back up and tell them exactly that, it looks like someone used it and tell them that's completely unacceptable. I'd be surprised if they don't take it back for a return of another one, ask them to put the goggle bag over it while they're at it.

Screw being normal
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

wow that sucks, yea definitely call them up and explain the situation to see if you can exchange it
chowman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
fossilX

call and send back asap, assuming the item was listed as a new item, 100% un-acceptable
Old 01-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

if they serve you poorly or dont exchange your goggles, i say we have a flaming pitchfork torch rally boycott infront of evogear headquarters!
chowman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
fossilX

and if they do give you a problem, you get 1.5 years to cancel your credit card if the product did not get delivered as promised, regardless of return/exchange policy
Old 01-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Spionin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaze View Post
Yup, ordered some 150 tagged POC Spherical goggles from backcountry.com, and got smudged/scratched ones. I called them back told them I expected better than that for top of the line 150 bucks price tag. The guy completely agreed with me, gave me a free UPS label to ship back and got a new one with the goggle bag covering it during shipping in case it got scratched on the box (which I highly doubt).

Call them back up and tell them exactly that, it looks like someone used it and tell them that's completely unacceptable. I'd be surprised if they don't take it back for a return of another one, ask them to put the goggle bag over it while they're at it.
I definitely will call them & have them exchanged. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Spionin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowman94 View Post
if they serve you poorly or dont exchange your goggles, i say we have a flaming pitchfork torch rally boycott infront of evogear headquarters!
I completely agree
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

X2 100char
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowman94 View Post

So is evogear flaky? I've been ordering stuff the past couple of days and I saw their site. I had a kinda bad vibe since I hadn't heard of them but they had a decent looking site. I bought mostly from da funk.
Kapn.K is offline   Reply With Quote