Option snowboard GT 153 c. 2006 or so - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Option snowboard GT 153 c. 2006 or so

Hey hey hey! I have the above board brand new, debating keeping or trying to sell for a slightly longer board. I'm 6'4, and fairly slender, so probably should have a 160+ board. I saw another thread here how they are on hiatus, were Vancouver based, so perhaps slight chance this is a sick board!

Thanks!
ppan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

i would say sell it
Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yes that WAS a sick board. Now its 8 years old and probably not worth more than 100 bucks probably closer to 50. There just not much market for old boards; I can buy a 2 year old model like new for 150 or last years brand new for 250.

Also board length is more dependant on your wieght than height. So if you tell us that; we can recomend board lengths.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Resident poet

I have 3 old high end options that I'll never sell...they were great boards when they were pressing in Vancouver....still occasionally ride...well one is my go to groomer board...the only issue is that they are not damp...they are damm stiff machines that are near indestructable. The GT was a beginner/intermediate board and I doubt it was pressed in Vancouver. Probably not worth more than $50 at the most. And at 6'4"...unless ur anorexic that 153 is too small and too flexy.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry, forgot to get back to this post!

Ah, okay. I am about 165 pounds. My current ancient board is an apocolypse, about the same length. It isn't too flexible, I do like the idea of a flexy board (if just to do cool wheelies!), but I am generally a freestyler/fresh powpow if I can find it! So not many tricks for me.

Is it outdated as with technology, new methods of making stuff has come along? As it's not quite like a cell phone from 8 years ago. It'll still ride down the hill well. I'd sell, but new boards seem really pricey now, unless I get a last year's model (local shop seemed to have a good selection for around 50% off).

If I can get some relatively cheap bindings (Burton Freestyle re:flex for example), hopefully I'd ride it this season
ppan is offline   Reply With Quote