Advice for a Beginner on the Market - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice for a Beginner on the Market

Hi, I just started snowboarding this winter. I got a complete beginner's package to a resort I live close to, from a relative for Christmas. I loved it, and have been going back once or twice a week. I've been taking the resort's lessons, and getting pretty decent. I think I'll probably finish this season on rental boards, but I think that by the end of the season, I would like to buy my own board. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with sizing. I'm 6'2", 180lbs, and have a shoe size 13. I'm also 14, so I haven't completely stopped growing, but the brakes are starting to come on, as I would like, if possible, the board to last me somewhere around 3-5 years. What size board do you think I should pick up?

I have my eye on this Ride Agenda Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet. What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Bigg3rBroth3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've just bought one of these, It seems like a good board, compared to a few others I have been on...
http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/End...cm_2013-(52712)

I'm 6'2" 264lbs and size 11 feet might be worth checking this thread, http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...oard-help.html

I was in the same situation and they covered everything

Last edited by YetiBstrd; 01-06-2014 at 09:18 AM.
YetiBstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg3rBroth3r View Post
Hi, I just started snowboarding this winter. I got a complete beginner's package to a resort I live close to, from a relative for Christmas. I loved it, and have been going back once or twice a week. I've been taking the resort's lessons, and getting pretty decent. I think I'll probably finish this season on rental boards, but I think that by the end of the season, I would like to buy my own board. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with sizing. I'm 6'2", 180lbs, and have a shoe size 13. I'm also 14, so I haven't completely stopped growing, but the brakes are starting to come on, as I would like, if possible, the board to last me somewhere around 3-5 years. What size board do you think I should pick up?

I have my eye on this Ride Agenda Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet. What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
the 161 should be more appropiate.
tanscrazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanscrazydaisy View Post
the 161 should be more appropiate.
That's what I was thinking, do you think 161 would be fine? I've also seen some 163 boards and was wondering if I wouldn't be better off going for them...
Bigg3rBroth3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, boards, length, size, width