Goggles - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
tehsocks

i just picked up a pair of anon. helix's with the gold lens for 50 bucks on sale the other day. I love them, great fit and they dont fog up (yet anyways)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

I love my Spy Soldiers. I got them with a mirrored bronze lens, and the mirroring makes all the difference.
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVM View Post
I love my Spy Soldiers. I got them with a mirrored bronze lens, and the mirroring makes all the difference.
how is it just the looks or?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

The mirroring helps with glare a lot. I think I read it has other positive effects as well but I don't remember what they are. I just know that my lenses are crystal clear, never fog, are really durable and give me great contrast. Oh, they block most of the sunlight too. Even work well on overcast days, despite the darkness of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beggionahorseho View Post
how is it just the looks or?
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Don't cheap out on goggles or you will regret it.

I had a pair of older spy scoop goggles that never really fit me well which translated to me rarely wearing them. But now I recently got a pair of von zipper feenom goggles which i am in love with and hate to take them off . They are very comfortable, not to mention have mad style , don't fog up, and if they do its only on the lift and as soon as i'm moving again they clear up in no time.

There is no need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on your goggles but if your paying $20... well don't expect the world. Plus i highly recommend trying on a bunch of different styles and brands to see what fits your face and doesn't block your line of sight.
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
savager21

i picked up some smith scope pro goggles at sports authority for $40 and they work fine for me. fit my head perfect and have never fogged up on me yet after 4 trips to the snow.i personally dont think you need to spend much on goggles just as long as they fit your head you shoudl be good
Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Boards & Bass

i have normal Scott goggles ($30-$40), run of the mill nothing special with the amber lens, they work absolutely fine and only fog up when I wear them up on my head (?) I guess because my head gets pretty warm. But honestly for a beginner they work really well. I didn't need anything special yet and I can't imagine buying a pair of goggles that cost almost as much as my bindings...it just doesn't seem right. But I don't know what is better about the expensive ones-Anon, Spy, Oakley so I really don't know.

I also wore a pair of dollar store sunglasses for a year and thought they were great until someone gave me a pair of Spy's for my birthday lol. If I buy expensive ones I'll prob still stick with Spy, I love the sunglasses and their goggles seem to be a little more reasonably priced.