Banana Magic vs. T Rice Pro HP? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Banana Magic vs. T Rice Pro HP?

i already have a banana magic 157cm for powder days, but looking for a shorter board on regular days. i am more into cruising and charging than doing park stuff

has anybody ridden both? which would be better all around? i have never been on a t rice pro hp
NSXRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXRguy View Post
i already have a banana magic 157cm for powder days, but looking for a shorter board on regular days. i am more into cruising and charging than doing park stuff
has anybody ridden both? which would be better all around? i have never been on a t rice pro hp
Depending on your weight you don't want a shorter board if you're going to be charging and carving groomers. Typically you would go long and stiff or what you're looking to do. If you want to stay with lib/gnu look at their c3 boards
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im 5'7 170lbs (summer im usually 160lbs with 10% bf)

Ive been using my 157cm for like 3 years and bought a 147 lib box scratcher (trying to learn park) which is supposed to be half the stiffness of my board and much shorter. I thought that it was crazy to charge down groomers with a 147 until my buddy proved me wrong, when he was hitting 60+ mph on the box scratcher. When i used the 147, i can hit 45-48mph until i get scared of dying haha

It is definitely much easier to handle in terms of turning and i am sure that if my balls were big enough, i can hit 60mph also as long as theyre groomed

I dont really plan on doing park so thats why im thinking of going back to a 150-152 board
NSXRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
MJP

I have a 157 Magic, 152 Skate, 156 Skate, and sold my TRice 157 for the Trice HP 153. I love the shorter Rice and it's much easier to turn than the 157 was. I absolutely love riding my 152 SB, but it get slides out quite a bit. You can bomb runs on it, but feels pretty unstable quick. Edge to edge, it's great, you don't even thing about turning, you just do it.

My 156 SB is fun as well but not like the '52. I think I could the best of both worlds by selling both and getting a 154, maybe even downsizing the magic to a '52 or '54. It just depends on what you want. I don't do park, but like how the '52 handles when just goofing around.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i'm 5'10 175 and use a 2012 banana magic 157 as my charging groomer board. The T-Rice pro felt a little stiffer and wider. similar pop but loading the banana is easier. have not ridden the hp t-rice.