Burton Demo Day - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

Default Burton Demo Day

Hello, I'm curious as to whether anyone has attended any of these recent Burton Tours or participated in trying out demo products from a manufacturer. I'm going to be boarding at a mountain where Burton will be there for a couple days this weekend (Bear Mountain).

Is it generally true most of the equipment will be the higher end stuff and is pretty available to demo? My friends are talking about getting there really early in case there is a line. Just wondering if that is a typical experience. Am I able to demo boots, bindings, board either as a package or separately?

Also has anyone been able to keep a product overnight? I want to go night boarding. And what happens if say a snowboard incurs minor damage (like a chip on the topsheet, edges)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

usually at most demos you get just the board they swap your bindings for you and you only get the board for an hour this is how they rotate their product i mean how would you feel if you really wanted to ride XX board and someone got to keep it all night?
Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
zbryant4210

i was at the one in vail and it was super chill. the guys didnt give a sh#t about anything. you gave them your id and a credit card and they gave you whichever board and binding you wanted, and let me keep them for how ever long i wanted that day.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

yeah, thanks, just found out some further info. Didn't know it was only for an hour-ish though. Would of been sweet if I was able to hold onto it for night boarding and get a good feel for the board. I'm kind of interested in the ICS stuff. I guess I won't be able to try out boots for a day. This weekend is going to be packed with the holiday plus all these events going on with the Burton Demo Tour for three days, a couple radio stations including the main hiphop as well as the secondary rock station having events here. Bad time for an overnight trip. ugh.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryant4210 View Post
i was at the one in vail and it was super chill. the guys didnt give a sh#t about anything. you gave them your id and a credit card and they gave you whichever board and binding you wanted, and let me keep them for how ever long i wanted that day.
Now this would be dope. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
usually at most demos you get just the board they swap your bindings for you and you only get the board for an hour this is how they rotate their product i mean how would you feel if you really wanted to ride XX board and someone got to keep it all night?
If I want to use my board, is it better for me to keep my bindings at the cabin and just keep swapping bindings if need be at the demo stand? Seems like it would be a hassle if I brought my own and had to put them on, take them off, store them somewhere, etc.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

i have been to 3 demos before and everytime i went they swap your bindings for you, they keep your board ID and CC and when done they swap the bindings back if you can demo i complete board setup i dont see what the issue would be here. and seeing my understanding of the ICS system you cant swap the bindings and boards around without ICS system so unless your bindings and board are ICS fitted you wouldnt be able to swap those anyways.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
GrapeDrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
i have been to 3 demos before and everytime i went they swap your bindings for you, they keep your board ID and CC and when done they swap the bindings back if you can demo i complete board setup i dont see what the issue would be here. and seeing my understanding of the ICS system you cant swap the bindings and boards around without ICS system so unless your bindings and board are ICS fitted you wouldnt be able to swap those anyways.
Cool. What I'm thinking is if I just kept my board and stored my bindings with them or somewhere else and for the whole day tried out their Cartel, Triad, P1, etc. with my regular Custom board, and then another day leave my gear in the cabin or lockers and just try out their ICS stuff another day since they'll be there for a couple days. I lost something at the mountain before, so I like keeping my possessions to a minimum whenever I can.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

welp sounds like you got it figured out.