Forwad lean duck stance - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
goodtry

Default Forwad lean duck stance

Ive heard that forward lean can help you with your form and other things. Is forward lean still helpfull even if you use a duck stance like, 12 -15.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

yea i guess if your just starting out or something. it just forces you to bend your knees a little more. IMO, if your in duck stance then your doing park/freestyle, and if your doing park/freestyle, you shouldnt have forward lean. it can mess up your landings and shtuffs ya know?
chowman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

Not necessarily true. I never ride park and I am usually around 18/15 in my stance. Why? Because my feet are naturally ducked out quite a bit. If I straighten them on the board it hurts my knees and in fact caused a semi-serious knee injury last season.

My advice is to squat down, then stand up, then squat, then stand up. What position were your feet in that gave you the most comfort in your ankles, knees and hips? That's where you need to set your angles at, initially. As you progress and learn more about boarding and your body, you can start playing with it, but you never want to stray too terribly far from your natural stance or you risk putting stresses on your legs that can lead to serious injury. I got this from a MD in sports medicine when he was explaining why I sprained the shit out of my knee last season in a relatively minor spill.

chowman94 is right on the lean though, as far as I know. I like to be a bit forward, it helps give extra leverage for heel edges, but I can definitely see why you wouldn't want much in the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowman94 View Post
yea i guess if your just starting out or something. it just forces you to bend your knees a little more. IMO, if your in duck stance then your doing park/freestyle, and if your doing park/freestyle, you shouldnt have forward lean. it can mess up your landings and shtuffs ya know?
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have an idea!!! If you actually own a snowboard with bindings on them which are equipped with a forward lean adjuster try it. You'll see what it does so you won't have to ask us. Seriously that just came to me as I was reading this thread. I get these astoundingly genious thoughts all the time.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I have an idea!!! If you actually own a snowboard with bindings on them which are equipped with a forward lean adjuster try it. You'll see what it does so you won't have to ask us. Seriously that just came to me as I was reading this thread. I get these astoundingly genious thoughts all the time.
QFT hahahaha
chowman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
you mean i actually can feel what it is like? doesnt it take like 20 seconds to adjust the lean? i dunno about that..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

tee hee ^^

Quote:
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
mbhakti

I ride 15 -15 and I up the forward lean when it's super icy. Seems to help me a lot, give it a try.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
goodtry

wow thanks for the response homo. it can feel good to me but be making me use horrible form, or be putting alot of stress on my knees or ankles, but dont worry about that its more important to be a witty smart ass.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
goodtry

o and by the way thanks for the advice guy who commented before. that is usefull and i will put it to effect next time