Still looking for a board. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
soBoard

Default Still looking for a board.

I am looking for a new board and I posted a topic before but I didn't get an answer due to the fact someone asked a question specifically towards the board they were looking for. Anyways I hope this time around I can get some suggestions.

I have been looking around for a board and I am clueless. I want to pick up a great board since I take boarding seriously and love it!

I am 5'7" 157lbs. I am looking for a park board (rails, jumps mostly) I want some input as to what size I should go with. I was looking at the following boards. I want to get two boards. One for all around mountain riding and one solely on the park.

ROME MOD (Seemed to be very flexy and had my concern as to how carving is with this board.)

ROME Artifact (To my knowledge they only make this board in 156. Seems to be a bit too big for me since I currently ride a 152. Can someone clear this up for me and let me know if I can handle a 156 and how it rides. Only applies to those that are my height as well)

FORUM YoungBlood (Due to watching a youtube video and seeing a pro hype this board up made me want to stay away from it since I thought what he said was garbage).

I want a high end top quality park board and all around board. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please specify what size board you think I should go with as far as park goes and all around goes.

I am looking to gain some knowledge about boards. So any suggestions would be great!

The brands I looked into were.
ROME, Burton, Never Summer, FORUM...If they are any other good brands that make good park boards and/or good all around boards please mention them as well.

Thanks,
soBoard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

i bought a 07/08 154 rome agent last summer and got this years 390's. its took me about 2 weeks to get really used to. its such a nice board. it can handle speed very well. power is a little harder. today i got the first test in the park. i over shot a jump and landed damn near on flat. i was impressed how much hit it was able to take.

i haven't heard any bad things about rome. and i love my stuff.
friends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you rail or jump more?
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Jibpan 153 for park. And a 156 Turbo Dream for the rest.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
soBoard

I do both rail and jump. I want something good to do both and at the same time freestyle down some slopes. I don't really do much steep riding, mostly free ride.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
oct6454

I would take a look at some of the new rocker boards also!!! I'm not familiar with the Rome boards but i am with the libs and burton. I currently use an arnie 5000 as my park board. It has allot of flexy and i would highly recomend it!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
soBoard

Would a park board be good for free riding as well? I was just looking around in other forums and came across the same question with no answer. Just curious thanks.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

No.

Buy a Jibpan for the park.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

K2 does say you can ride the rest of the mountain on a jibpan.. using their site and their graphs its not perfect but it will work.. I am about to go with the 153. It will ride like a 158.. so you'll get the longer board stability... its also not as flexible as say their WWW
HouseMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Only thing I can't do (well) with my 07/08 Jibpan is pow.

fyi I'm 145lbs on a 151 Jibpan (07/08 therefore no jib tips).