Stuck between the TRS btx and SB - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
ek3

Default Stuck between the TRS btx and SB

I am an intermediate boarder that loves the park for jibs and jumps but wants to be able to go down the mountain. I am 5'8 and 155 pounds. My biggest question is how the TRS holds up at the park. Also how much softer does the TRS get? Should go with the 151 TRS BTX or 152 Skate banana or should I go smaller? Any input from TRS BTX owners would be greatly appreciated.
ek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

Not an owner too poor for these badass new boards, but I read that alot of people think that the TRS is a little too stiff. Other peoples opinions, but its because its an all mountain board.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
ek3

Thanks for your input.

After reading reviews of the GNU pickle, I want one so bad but would a 156 be too long for me who is 5'8?
ek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek3 View Post
Thanks for your input.

After reading reviews of the GNU pickle, I want one so bad but would a 156 be too long for me who is 5'8?
The real one won't be released till next year or later this year, except for the ones on ebay but theres no warrenty with them. and no a 156 wouldn't be to long for you. My brother rides a Ride Kink 158 and hes about 5'7 or 5'8.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf99701 View Post
The real one won't be released till next year or later this year, except for the ones on ebay but theres no warrenty with them. and no a 156 wouldn't be to long for you. My brother rides a Ride Kink 158 and hes about 5'7 or 5'8.
way to base it off height.... you also gotta consider the location, like you ride in alaska according to your location, whereas out east you would prob use a smaller board..

board goes by your weight not height. the park pickle rides bigger then it is so you are supposed to size down like with a banana. so im 5'7 160lbs and i ride a 154 for all mt, and im looking for a 151ish for a park board. honestly your two suggestions, and then the park pickle are completely different..

Last edited by jmacphee9; 01-17-2009 at 11:53 AM.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

I know your supposed to base it off weight. But usually longer boards can support more weight, I'm so sorry for estimating that since most shorter people are lighter weight a longer board would do no harm (except probebly move a little faster). And it doesn't have a hole hell of a lot to do with were your location is its more on what your comfortable with, I'm 6'3 173 lbs and ride a minimum size board that can support my weight, right now thats a 159. Not everyone in alaska spends all there time in waist deep powder on a long free ride board.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i guarentee if there was a poll done on here, the east coast would use shorter boards per height/weight then the west coast. theres nothing out here really that you need the extra speed...
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your mininum for your weight is 159 at 173lbs? Right...

Anyway, I think neither of your options. Look at the Gnu Street. Its an in-betweener of the Nannar and the TRS. 152 will be good for you.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

You mean I can really go smaller, cause I haven't found very many boards under 159 that say they support my weight. Not counting a few 158's but they are wides also, if you know of some good freestyle boards under that size that have a waist minimum of 255 mm I would appreciate to know.

Now about this whole east coast west coast b.s. technically I wouldn't consider alaska exactly west coast. Southern Alaska has the big mountains and better snow (similer to the West Coast) and were I live in Fairbanks and the interior are we don't have to many huge mountains and get an average of 60 inches which is a fractions of most places resorts on the west, and the southern region of the state.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

SB for park only. If you want all-mountain, TRS.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote