Help on which Lib Tech board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help on which Lib Tech board

Hi all-
I'm looking for a new board now (all mountain freestyle). I'm more of an all mountain rider who is working his way up in skills in the park. I don't want a park specific board as it's beyond my abilities and will not hold up well in free riding. I currently have a ROME Anthem and Atomix Axum. I love my Axum however realized it sucked in the icy/hard packed conditions yeterday (couldn't hold an edge at faster speeds). From what I understand the rome anthem is more for free-ride only.

I hear great things of Lib Tech and want to check out their boards. However I'm pretty inundated with the quiver they have. Many seem to overlap.

I'm looking for the board that will kill it all mountain freestyle. I'd like it to be able to be stable at quick speeds and handle ice/hard packed. Sounds like the Magne traction does this now. In addition, I'd like the board to be able to hand jumps and kickers in the park. Remember I ride more free-ride/all mountain now and learning to do more and more parks.

I'm looking at the dark series, the trs-btx, the trs-mtx etc

What is the difference between btx and mtx?

Thanks much!
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

magnatraction+banana=BTX
magnatraction=mtx

the t rice seems like nice board, not exactly your jib board though. it seems to me like its made for those gnarly pow kickers, and riding all mt. im sure it could probably handle rails yet its not its area of expertise
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
magnatraction+banana=BTX
magnatraction=mtx

the t rice seems like nice board, not exactly your jib board though. it seems to me like its made for those gnarly pow kickers, and riding all mt. im sure it could probably handle rails yet its not its area of expertise
Thanks. I think I need to clarify some...rails are not really my thing yet. By parks I meant jumps and such.

So will the BTX be better for that all mountain freestyle compared to MTX? In other words why would someone choose a BTX over MTX and vice versa?

I guess I'm still confused on which one to get (TRS, Dark, etc)

Thanks again
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have the trs w/mtx from last year and it is a great all-mountain board. i hear that btx makes a board unstable and chattery at high speeds, but im not sure if that applies to the trs.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote