Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Looking for a new setup, no idea what to get! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/11749-looking-new-setup-no-idea-what.html)

Romano 01-17-2009 03:54 PM

Looking for a new setup, no idea what to get!

Hey guys,

I've been riding for about 6 years now and have had a burton clash for the past 3 and I have grown extremely sick of it. I'd say I am a moderate rider and I'm all around.. kickers, rails, boxes, free ride. I've worked a bunch the past year on my part time job so I don't have a budget so its basically whatever you guys recommend. I'm really eyeing the burtons right now but I am open to recommendations :D

jimmerjammermrk 01-17-2009 05:11 PM

To make things easier, post the following information:
1. Why don't you like your current board?
2. How much do you weigh, what size are you feet?
3. A break down with percentages of how often you ride the following: rails/boxes, pipe, packed features, groomed steeps, ungroomed terrain, jumps off of natural terrain
4. Budget
5. Conditions you ride in

Romano 01-17-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmerjammermrk (Post 112390)
To make things easier, post the following information:
1. Why don't you like your current board?
2. How much do you weigh, what size are you feet?
3. A break down with percentages of how often you ride the following: rails/boxes, pipe, packed features, groomed steeps, ungroomed terrain, jumps off of natural terrain
4. Budget
5. Conditions you ride in

1. I'm kinda sick of it and I know there are better boards out there for my skill level. I feel that I've done all I can with this board.
2. I haven't weighed myself in awhile but I'm in between 150-160, I'm 5 foot 10 and my feet are 11.5.
3. rails boxes = 25%, pipe = 5% (I rarely go on the pipe as the one near my house is never open), packed features = 25%, groomed steeps = 25%, ungroomed terrain = 10%, jumps off of natural terrain = 10%
4. My budget is limitless right now
5. Conditions I ride in, as in like temperature, snowfall and such? Pretty much everything from 0 celcius to -30 and any type of snow. I hope that answers the question

Nivek 01-17-2009 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Capita Indoor Survival, Neversummer SL-R, K2 Jibpan, Bataleon Goliath, K2 Believer, Lib-Tech TRS, Ride DH2, Flow Team. All a 155 +/- 2. Drop 2 for more park and up 2 for more freeride.

jimmerjammermrk 01-18-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

1. I'm kinda sick of it and I know there are better boards out there for my skill level. I feel that I've done all I can with this board.
2. I haven't weighed myself in awhile but I'm in between 150-160, I'm 5 foot 10 and my feet are 11.5.
3. rails boxes = 25%, pipe = 5% (I rarely go on the pipe as the one near my house is never open), packed features = 25%, groomed steeps = 25%, ungroomed terrain = 10%, jumps off of natural terrain = 10%
4. My budget is limitless right now
5. Conditions I ride in, as in like temperature, snowfall and such? Pretty much everything from 0 celcius to -30 and any type of snow. I hope that answers the question

Solid advice:
Quote:

Capita Indoor Survival, Neversummer SL-R, K2 Jibpan, Bataleon Goliath, K2 Believer, Lib-Tech TRS, Ride DH2, Flow Team. All a 155 +/- 2. Drop 2 for more park and up 2 for more freeride.
You're basically looking for an all mountain freestyle board or a really versatile park board. The above list is really solid; some other boards to look into might be the Ride Society, K2 Turbo Dream, Forum Seeker, Forum Grudge.

I agree with something around 155.

Are you planning on new bindings or using your old ones? Also, what boots do you have?

Romano 01-18-2009 10:57 AM

Thanks for the advice! Right now I have burton moto boots and burton custom bindings. I'm looking to replace those as well.

jimmerjammermrk 01-18-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romano (Post 112638)
Thanks for the advice! Right now I have burton moto boots and burton custom bindings. I'm looking to replace those as well.

Try on many pairs of boots from many brands. Don't buy Burton bindings worse than the Cartels (although all Burton bindings are overpriced).

Nivek 01-18-2009 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^agreed.

For some price effective bindings look at Union and Flux. Other good bindings are K2 Formulas and Rome 390's.

Jacko_390srock 01-18-2009 07:30 PM

Just some advice before you go out and pick up some new bindings and board, first (if your getting a new pair...) pick out the best pair of boots thta is most comfortable for your feet. Remember boots are the most important part of your new setup!

Romano 01-19-2009 10:05 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, really helpful!