2013/2014 Gnu Rider's choice? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
MJP

Default 2013/2014 Gnu Rider's choice?

Haven't seen a whole lot posted on this board. Anyone have good experiences on it? Curious about the C2 PBTX tech. I've read it's not as lively as a skate banana, but a bit more stiff, and not as stable as the traditional C2.

RC vs TRS? Would like a lively board for all mountain, park, powder. Skate is a bit sketchy for all mountain.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've got the RC from 2010-11 and 2012-13. The P-tech is noticable, but not a huge upgrade. A friend of mine who has the same boards hates the asym cut. I could take it or leave it.

IMHO, As far as hybrid profiles go, the only more stable at speed is R-C-R with camber at least to the inserts. If you downsize it's gonna get a little squirely at speed. This board is rad. The magnatraction is pretty aggressive and some people think it gets twitchy sometimes. It can make even icey days fun though.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

i'd also be interested to hear comparisons. I'm looking to scoop either this deck or the danny kass at the end of the season. Similar profiles but the DK waist width is perfect for me and seems to be comparable to the TRS
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I had a 2011-2012 RC with C2PBTX and loved the board, which is why I now have the Space Case. The Asym sidecut is definitely noticeable, magnetraction is the shit on ice as always, and was a fun all mountain freestyle board with a nice medium flex that I really enjoyed. Passed it onto my buddy who has been raving about it thus far this season.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergatron2000 View Post
I've got the RC from 2010-11 and 2012-13. The P-tech is noticable, but not a huge upgrade. A friend of mine who has the same boards hates the asym cut. I could take it or leave it.

IMHO, As far as hybrid profiles go, the only more stable at speed is R-C-R with camber at least to the inserts. If you downsize it's gonna get a little squirely at speed. This board is rad. The magnatraction is pretty aggressive and some people think it gets twitchy sometimes. It can make even icey days fun though.
Just in case anyone cares for feebcak on the RC and P-tech asym:

After riding the 2012/23 RC for a year now (with a few other decks mixed in) I wen't from not caring about the asym heel cut, to thinking I hated it to now loving it. I think once you get to know it the asym is just another fun dimension that enhances your relationship to your board. I was close to selling my RC because of the sidecut, but made myself keep riding it to make sure it wasn't just me. Glad I did and it was just me.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote