Burton Binding Question? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Adam1680

Default Burton Binding Question?

Hey all! I've been browsing the forum and trying to learn all I can about the equipment. I picked up a 2009 Burton Custom 162 (although I know you guys say buy boots first), but I couldn't pass up the deal and I think 151 will be wide enough. My question is: Having a Burton board, is it more beneficial to buy 2009 burton bindings to take advantage of the new technology (EVA Baseplate I guess)? Or should I consider other brands? I've read about the flows, unions, romes, and burtons. I know it's a matter of opinion, but let me know what you think would work out for me. i.e. are Rome Targas too advanced? flows? etc. About me, I'm 6'2" 200lbs, more or less a beginner, and am riding more all-mountain than park right now. I wear between 10 - 11 boots depending on the brand and only get to the mountain about 10 - 15 times a year. I just want something decent that will last me for a few years, price isn't that big of a factor, I have no problem spending a bit more for quality.

I'm going to head out to REI soon to try on boots. If you guys have any specific suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Adam1680; 01-18-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

All i can say is browse the forum some more there are plenty of reviews of all the bindings on the market now a days but as usual its all personal preference. dont buy into this targa hype going on, on the board. while many people like them i think they are a piece of shit. so like stated dont believe everything you read try it out for yourself.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Adam1680

I guess what I'm asking is anyone out there using the ICS technology? i.e. with EST bindings and is that the way to go? Or does it not really matter that much and I should check out all the different kinds of bindings?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ICS is overrated Burton proprietary junk.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote