Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Evil twin, proto hd, revolver? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/117897-evil-twin-proto-hd-revolver.html)

Wes_Dark 01-07-2014 08:49 PM

Evil twin, proto hd, revolver?

I hate to post this because I feel these threads are a fine a dozen. Beginner rider. Just getting comfortable with carving nicely. Always rented and want my own board that u can progress with. Riding in Ontario. 6'1" 190lbs size 12-13 boot depending on the boot.

So far my list is an evil twin, ns revolver, ns proto hdx. Salomon villain or assassin.

I just want to know if I'll have enough leverage to flex a stiffer proto hdx that it won't hinder my progression.

For bindings I think the research says Rome 390 boss or union force. Or union contact. Boots would be burton rulers or 32 lashed.

Again, hate to post this because these are out up every hour but I just had to ask.

njfastlfie 01-07-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes_Dark (Post 1411753)
I hate to post this because I feel these threads are a fine a dozen. Beginner rider. Just getting comfortable with carving nicely. Always rented and want my own board that u can progress with. Riding in Ontario. 6'1" 190lbs size 12-13 boot depending on the boot.

So far my list is an evil twin, ns revolver, ns proto hdx. Salomon villain or assassin.

I just want to know if I'll have enough leverage to flex a stiffer proto hdx that it won't hinder my progression.

For bindings I think the research says Rome 390 boss or union force. Or union contact. Boots would be burton rulers or 32 lashed.

Again, hate to post this because these are out up every hour but I just had to ask.

I just got a NS Legacy. Love it.

readimag 01-07-2014 09:34 PM

What do you want to get out of the board that will help also, cause you have everything from park to all mtn so far.

Wes_Dark 01-07-2014 09:50 PM

I don't want to hit the park yet. I just want something that will be good all mountain board, mostly carving groomers and dealing with eastern icy conditions.

njfastlfie 01-07-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes_Dark (Post 1411985)
I don't want to hit the park yet. I just want something that will be good all mountain board, mostly carving groomers and dealing with eastern icy conditions.

That's exactly what I got my legacy for... And cartel bindings

Wes_Dark 01-07-2014 10:32 PM

I probably will get into tricks once I get better as well.

readimag 01-07-2014 10:34 PM

Arbor blacklist, flow rush, or rome mod call come to mind I just got a marhar throwback and I love it but like the blacklist also a park/all mtn board.

seriouscat 01-07-2014 10:51 PM

Evil twin is damn stiff. And not exactly damp for how stiff it is.

Wes_Dark 01-07-2014 11:14 PM

Ok, ET is off the list then.

detox 01-08-2014 04:38 AM

The ET threw years i think it got softer..
Bataleon Evil Twin 157 2011/2012 Flex Test - YouTube
Bataleon Evil Twin Flex Test - Board Insiders - Stiffness of the Bataleon Evil Twin snowboard? - YouTube