Need advice on women's board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need advice on women's board

I'm looking to get my first board

I am 5'5, 100 lb, 7.5 boots, beginner to intermediate. My riding style is mostly all mountain (can't do the park for now but willing to try it).

So many choices out there and the boards I'm currently looking at are:

GNU Velvet Guru
NS Infinity
Roxy Ollie Pop (past season)
Forum Spinster (past season)

My budget is around or less than $450 and please give me some advice!
miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Also look at the Deja Vu my is just about the same as you but smaller feet. She loves the board and the est bindings makes setting up the board super easy. I think I got it for 145 on gear trade so it was a steal if you are ok with used boards. The other one she was thinking of is the ollie pop but could not find the size she wanted.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Going to shamlessly jump onto this thread as I'm looking for advice on a new deck and the OP listed 2 of the ones I'm looking at (NS Infinity and GNU Velvet Guru). For the OP, without knowing your typical ride conditions, I would recommend the GNU over the NS, from what I've read it's more stable, slower (relatively anyway, the Infinity is supposed to charge) and generally more suitable towards a beginner-intermediate rider.

Now for me...been riding for 10+ years but haven't been out much (as in only once or twice a season) in the last 5 years or so. My decks consist of:

143 Santa Cruz (no idea what model it's ~15 years old...fairly certain it's more of a beginner deck)
153 Option Paloma (year sometime between 2006 - 2008)
156 2010 Arbor Push

All are cambered, I've never experienced any other profile. I'm 5'6" 120 lbs, in the east coast so am pretty much always riding in hard-packed/icy conditions, and with pretty much no options other than groomed runs...so find myself always on my Santa Cruz, being the shortest deck (really saddens me that I never get to ride my Arbor Push, which is a dream). Looking to pick me up a new little one to retire the Santa Cruz, my main complaint being that it's slow. The three that I'm considering are the NS Infinity, GNU Velvet Guru, and Rossignol Diva. I cannot find a dealer anywhere by me that sells the Diva and the Infinity is pretty much winning by default at this time. I do like to hit jumps, but no jibs other than the rare box...so maybe it's best I stay away from the Diva?

Any suggestions (even outside of these three) are welcome!
mellymelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

On Sale Burton Lip-Stick Blem Snowboard - Womens up to 45% off

http://www.the-house.com/9840btgn13z...03&netid=avant

145cm maybe?

Last edited by Dunskap; 01-08-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Dunskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

I really recommend the NS Infinity. It goes anywhere and it will change your riding. I had several friends who were riding and having trouble at times- Tried my Infinity, bought it and loved it. It is lively, not too stiff but not chattery when you go fast. Very responsive. Good luck with whatever you decide. Can you demo anywhere?
sb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the Diva. Bought it used on kijiji but lucked out with a never touched deck. Definitely feel the difference from my older cambered feelgood. Would recommend it for east coast terrain which can be varied, ice and hard pack, mogully sand and slushy piles. Seems to handle them all well. I make it sound so appealing don't I?
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote