What width board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
mpe50

Smile What width board?

Been riding for about 2 seasons, mostly freeride, 180 lbs, and size 12. After hearing all the great things about lib tech, i bought the trs in a 159 hoping if i used a moderate duck stance it would be fine since the waist is 25.3. After mounting bindings, I'm not so sure. I love this board, and am wondering if risers would solve the problem, or should i go with wider. The T-Rice is 25.8, or should i go 26+? What kind of comporable board, Gnu High carbon wide?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

It depends on your stance angles
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
mpe50

I like to ride with 15 front and 9 rear.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

my guess would be the T-rice board is fine for you, but with your angles I wouldn't go much smaller, that and the T-Rice board is way better then the Gnu CHB but you might want to look at how you boots it on it.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
mpe50

What about risers, they can lift you up 13-15mm, would that allow me to ride the trs without problem?
Old 01-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

yeah with risers you can i would also looking into some boots that make your footprint smaller, then you would have a better chance at more boards. If you have that type of funding.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
mpe50

Any drawbacks to risers, I hear they can actually help you get more leverage and therefore better speed. I know technically they should dampen feel or response, but in actuality is it really anything noticeable?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
lonewolf99701

I'm a size 12 and usually ride 25.8 to 26 waist boards, but since I duck my stance the way I do, I recently found out I can get on a Burton Jeremy Jone 156 thats got a 25.4 waist, but besides that I have never used risers before but heard they take a run or two to get used to because the whole elevevation of you bindings and feet off your board.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe50 View Post
Been riding for about 2 seasons, mostly freeride, 180 lbs, and size 12. After hearing all the great things about lib tech, i bought the trs in a 159 hoping if i used a moderate duck stance it would be fine since the waist is 25.3. After mounting bindings, I'm not so sure. I love this board, and am wondering if risers would solve the problem, or should i go with wider. The T-Rice is 25.8, or should i go 26+? What kind of comporable board, Gnu High carbon wide?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here's my general recommendation for waist width according to boot size. Keep in mind that many boots' outer profile are slightly longer or shorter depending on brand and model. 10 - 25.0, 11 - 25.5, 12 - 26.0, 13 - 26+ . If I were you I'd go with the T.Rice with the 25.8. T. Rice himself wears and 11 and rides that board, so with a 12 why would you want to go any smaller?!
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
mpe50

Been using a pair of old comfortable RIDE orion boots. Outer boot is 1 inch longer than inner. Is that pretty average?
Also, from what I know of their line, the T-rice MTX is an almost identical board to the TRS MTX, but just a little stiffer, is that correct?