5'11, 145 lbs - Size 8.5 boot - Intermediate... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
rohanman

Default 5'11, 145 lbs - Size 8.5 boot - Intermediate...

So yea, I'm 5'11, 145 lbs wear an 8 or 8.5 boot and am looking for my first board, bindings, and boots. SICK OF PAYING FOR RENTAL CRAP! Obviously the boot will be a personal thing based on fit, but does anyone have any advice on a good board and binding setup?

I am just getting into the sport seriously this year and am improving pretty quickly. Believe it or not I am taking snowboarding as a class at my university and will be getting 5 on-mountain lessons over the 5 weeks. Really looking forward to this experience. I'd call myself an intermediate rider and I like to freeride, not too big on parks but don't mind hitting some jumps every now and again.

Specifically, what length board and how wide a board is too wide with a small foot like mine (8,8.5)? Any suggestions on a board that would fit me? I hope to be able to get all my gear for less than $400 or $500

THANKS