Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Any opinions on Thrive Snowboards? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/118585-any-opinions-thrive-snowboards.html)

tycobb 01-10-2014 09:14 AM

Any opinions on Thrive Snowboards?

Doesn't seem to be many reviews around...

Good/bad?

Specifically the Renegade.

Thrive Snowboards - Community - Coaching

BurtonAvenger 01-10-2014 01:17 PM

I rode the Renegade last year for a few days. They're made in the same factory as Nitro and borrow a lot of the same tech. Not a bad board but didn't stand out as being something AMAZING, just sort of there doing its thing.

Alkasquawlik 01-10-2014 01:41 PM

Same dudes who ran Skierra. Owner is pompous, arrogant dick. Not a fan.

andrewdod 01-10-2014 01:55 PM

new company that started up about 2 years ago when sierrasnowboard.com (now trusnow) went down the tubes. As said above they are made in the same plant as nitro, and a few other companies. Ive never ridden one, but ive considered it, unfortunately never had the opportunity. As far as the owner being an arrogant asshole I don't know which one he is talking about... I've spoken to Doug in the past and he seems like a decent guy.

Bottom line is they are a new company out of Truckee California, and don't have the money or man power of the burtons, and mervins of the world. Therefore they don't have as many options as bigger companies...

Alkasquawlik 01-10-2014 02:03 PM

Doug is a decent guy, but is not the owner. I have friends that work in the same department as him, and they have nothing but nice things to say.

andrewdod 01-10-2014 02:05 PM

i was under the impression doug was a co-owner, and the other guy i believe is named mike?

trapper 01-10-2014 02:34 PM

Is that the same Doug that does their instructional videos? They're pretty decent vids, he seems to explain stuff well.

andrewdod 01-10-2014 06:14 PM

yup, same doug. he also is making instructional videos on the thrive website now.

Wombat401 01-10-2014 06:56 PM

Rode with a couple guys on Thrives at Heavenly the other day. Renegades I'm pretty sure. They were ripping the boards pretty good and the snow was hard packed and man made...not the best conditions. Board seemed to excel at both tight turns and wide carves. Seemed to be solid at switch as well one guy was throwing 180s all the way down the mountain at high speeds. They have a decent sale going on too...scope the website.

andrewdod 01-10-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wombat401 (Post 1424009)
Rode with a couple guys on Thrives at Heavenly the other day. Renegades I'm pretty sure. They were ripping the boards pretty good and the snow was hard packed and man made...not the best conditions. Board seemed to excel at both tight turns and wide carves. Seemed to be solid at switch as well one guy was throwing 180s all the way down the mountain at high speeds. They have a decent sale going on too...scope the website.

you just might have been riding with doug... i believe thats his home mountain. Sounds like him anyways, he's pretty good.