Rome Flag Dilemna - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Exclamation Rome Flag Dilemna

So I decided to scrap the MTX for this year and go with a Rome Flag 168 for this season and the next couple. Now I have a new dilemna...I can get a Rome Flag from last year that was a demo board for $250...I don't think much has changed between this year and last year but the site mentions a different core...I have a message out to the guys from Rome but with today being a work holiday for everyone but me and my office I don't expect to hear back from them. I can also get a pretty good deal on this years board for $425 w/free shipping, but that sale ends today. Not sure if I save the $200 and put it to the head or if I just go for the 08 and ride out with that for the next 2-3 seasons. Does anyone know if outside of the graphics anything truly significant has changed? Did last year still have those impact plates embeded in under the top laminate??? If anyone can help with this I greatly appreciate it.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Totally revamped for this season, Rome have managed the impossible and have improved the Anthem, raising the bar on what is the benchmark of high performance snowboards. Built around an all new Airpop wood which fuses carefully milled bamboo stringers into the tip to tail lightweight wood core, Rome have managed to give the Anthem a more lively feel and increase pop and responsiveness without dramatically increasing torsional stiffness. To this they have added their patented Impact plate technology. Their finely milled Titanal plates are integrated into the core under the bindings and massively increase the boards resistance to core compression, the no 1 cause of snapped boards. To top off the Anthem’s state of the art construction its structural layers are formed with torsionally responsive 45º tri- ax weave glass. Added to this are 4 stringers of carbon fibre running from tip to tail down each edge of the board. This combination gives a powerful ride with improved edge grip and increased pop.
Thats just a general press release kinda think hyping it up so looks like those plates are new this year. I guess what I put there is pretty much the answer your gonna get from Rome. How much difference it'll make for riding it I dont know, I guess you'll have to find someone who's ridden both.

Oh and I know it says Anthem there but it should be the same deal with the Flag because im pretty sure its the same board but just the wide version.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the anthem and the Flag are essentially the same...that's what I'm expecting the guys from Rome to say as well, the question is, does it really matter on the mountain. I might just say f-it and get last years anyway but if indeed this years has more pop, then that is a huge difference...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah its hard to say I dunno if anyone here has tried both. This year Im actually thinking of grabbing a flag aswell, or an anthem I'll see what the waists are like seeing as my foot is bordering on a wide. But from what I hear theyre awesome.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yeah I was gonna go for Lib SkunkApe or a GNU 11up but I haven't ridden an MTX board and there are a lot of mixxed opinions so I figured why not go for a board that everyone loves in the Rome.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well this is why Rome is now getting my business, in response to my question about differences between last year and this year he said:
Not too much, but there are Impact Plates in the new flag which makes it a little more durable, and the new Smartbase that you don’t have to wax is also on the new Flag.

All in all, both board will ride great though, and a deals a deal, we’ve all been there.

Ron

I couldn't ask for a more honest and fair answer to my question. So yes there are differences but he didn't try to push the new product, and answered it as if he were in my shoes. Toatally what I was looking for but not expecting!