loose bindings/couple other questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
excusemeflow

Default loose bindings/couple other questions

Hey guys im pretty new to snowboarding. I have actually only been twice. I got a board for Christmas this year and I have a couple questions.

1. I have Flow bindings and a Burton board. Is it normal for the bindings to get kind of loose from the board after a few hours of riding? It's not really that bad but I can move them a little left and right after a while.

2. I have been twice. Both times all day. I noticed this morning tho, after I rode all day yesterday that the edges were getting a little rusty. I know you have to de-tune them and everything but how long do wait to do that? Is this just normal wear?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No its not normal your bindings should never be moving on your board. Get them on there good but dont crank down too hard. Another option is to buy BLUE(NOT RED!) Metal to Metal Loctite and apply a very very very very small amount to your bolt and screw it in. Again NEVER use Red Loctite on your snowboard bindings, its more or less a permanent bond that you will probably have to pull the bolt holes out of the board to remove.

You shouldnt have to detune your edges when your just learning, if your edges are rusting you need to make sure you wipe it down with a towel or something when you get home to keep the water off the edges. Its just normal wear, but wear you can prevent.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
excusemeflow

gotcha.

right after they put the bindings on the board i went out all day. i dont think i let it dry...

and as far as the rusting goes, i will def start drying it off better.

thanks for the help!