NS Legacy or Revolver for a Beginner - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Legacy or Revolver for a Beginner

Hey guys, so ive narrowed down my snowboard search to the NS legacy and the NS revolver. I'm a beginner, but id like a board that i can continue to use after i've progressed and gotten better. I'd probably be doing almost all freeriding, and it would be up in the northeast, where the slopes can be icy.

im 6'1, 175 lbs, 12.5 boots.

given those factors, which board should i go with, and what length? basically the site i found for the legacy only has the 159 and 163 left.
cheex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

if your not going to be riding much park go for the legacy, the revolver is designed as a park specific board. not that great about suggesting sizes so i'll leave that to someone that knows better
BigC_ 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd get the legacy or revolver in a 156. Both boards are pretty stiff, but a 156 and your weight would allow the board to flex just enough to hit the entire mountain if you wanted.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you're a beginner and looking at NS boards you should consider the SL-R also. It is NSs perfect all mountain board, I'm riding one this year and couldn't be happier. I can't see myself getting a different board for a long time and if I do it'll probly be to add to my quiver rather than replace it. BTW I'm 5'9" and 165 lb on the east coast and I ride a 155.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
oct6454

I don't mean to be the guy who ruins that party. . . . but for a beginner i wouldn't recommend the legacy or revolver. Because of the RC between your feet and the NC outside it might not be ideal for a begginer. I have a Legacy and i love it but as far as a board to learn on i wouldn't go with it. And also the SL-R is the Legacy but not a mid-wide board. Just my 2 cents. If you do have your heart set on getting into the new rocker tech than you may have to go with the Legacy if you want NS. or think about looking into the Lib skunk ape. I forgot to ask how long have you been riding?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ok so I didn't do my homework. The Legacy is basically a wide SL and being your 12.5 boot size that would be my recomendation. This is my friends 2nd season and he rocks the SL with me and does just fine.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the input so far guys. yea i realize i should probably go for a more beginner friendly board, but id rather get something i can still use once i get better, rather than have to upgrade, and spend more money later on.

this isnt gonna help my case, but i went snowboarding for the first time 2 weekends ago, and it was for about 3 days up in Okemo. i was doing pretty decently by the end of the trip though, linking turns and doing S's. if you guys think its a bad idea for me to go with an advanced board off the bat, feel free to suggest other boards (keeping in mind my boot size).
cheex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Having just rode my new Legacy yesterday, I couldn't be happier. The mid-wide took a little time to adjust too as did the RC but since you are beginning, ignorance is bliss, so now is probably a really good time to get into some of the new technology. I will say the conditions I was in yesterday were crusty at best, so still looking forward to see how it performs in the pow. The ride is very stable and had no chatter at high speeds and the board just feels very solid. Although I don't typically go into the park, I did take it off some jumps and it did okay, though I don't see myself using it on rails much.
coffeenirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheex View Post
Thanks for the input so far guys. yea i realize i should probably go for a more beginner friendly board, but id rather get something i can still use once i get better, rather than have to upgrade, and spend more money later on.

this isnt gonna help my case, but i went snowboarding for the first time 2 weekends ago, and it was for about 3 days up in Okemo. i was doing pretty decently by the end of the trip though, linking turns and doing S's. if you guys think its a bad idea for me to go with an advanced board off the bat, feel free to suggest other boards (keeping in mind my boot size).
Im with ya..i wish i didnt waste money on my newbie LTD board, i guess it wasnt a waste..the board wasnt horrible and got me into the sport.

The one benefit of having a beginner board though...it becomes your rock board. The board you take out early/late season when the conditions are shit and you might hit a rock or tree top or two coming down..i'd cry if i bashed my SL-R into a rock..i could care less if my stupid LTD board snaps in half or has a giant gouge in it
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote