Reccomended Setup for Lib Tech TRS 159 BTX - Bindings / Boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
RGugs87

Default Reccomended Setup for Lib Tech TRS 159 BTX - Bindings / Boots

I am going to be getting a new Lib Tech TRS 159 BTX and was hoping you all could provide reccomendations on bindings that go well with this board and if possible boots too. I am 6 ft 175 lbs with a size 12 boot and am an all mountain rider spending about 30% of my time in the park. With the boot size and a non-wide board, I am looking for anything that offers a small footprint to reduce drag.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

I have the T Rice MTX and I went with Salomon Chiefs. They're really light, pretty sweet looking(if you're into all the colors, of course). I'd highly recommend them. I really think Salomon is stepping it up lately and I couldn't be happier that I got them. As for boots, I really wanted a nice board and bindings, so I went a little cheaper with Forum League SLRs. Again, I couldn't be happier. The little bits of pink are a little gay, but the quick lace system is awesome. Also, these things are retardedly light. They really aren't much heavier than skate shoes. I know there are better boots out there, but I really think these are the best bang-for-the-buck boots out there right now. Anyway, happy boarding, hope you get some cool shit you like.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banno

Hrmmm..... size 12 with that board may be pushing it a little.... I rock Rome Targas with the 159 TRS and it works sweet. I love the setup to death!
Boots are a no brainer, what ever fits the best is the most important thing. Salomon boots tend to be bigger than they should be for the size. I'm into the Rome boots this year, they fit snug as and look dope. But thats for my foot, yours may vary. Dont much care for the BOA boots as I found they have pressure points that I couldnt adjust out.

Good luck man, I love that board so hope you get some goodness out of it
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

i got size 11 ions and they fit well with my union forces on my 159 trs
shredder07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go with a Salomon F boot.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
D3lirious

I got a TRS 157 and ride Burton Ions with Cartel bindings. I really like the setup so far altough I have struggled a bit with the boot and some pressure points, but I think I solved the issue now.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
RGugs87

Thanks for your help guys. I wound up getting the Rome Targas because of the versatility of the binding. I was worried about being "typecast" into a certain riding style with the other bindings I was looking at..plus they mathc the board perfectly...and I got a good deal. Check out Welcome to www.OutdoorSportsGuys.com! $175 w/ free shipping!

Still in the market for boots though - I'll let ya know what I decide on.

So should be receiving everything next week and I will let you know how they ride...lets pray for no toe drag - I know I'm pushing it with this board.

Thanks

-Rob
Old 01-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

obviously just go to the store and find whatever boot fits you the best and get it.
for bindings i ride union forces on my trs w/mtx and they give me great control.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
RGugs87

Final Setup:

Lib Tech TRS 159 BTX
Rome Targas Binding
Burton Ruler Boots

Best setup ever and NO toe drag!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
240sx2jz

RGugs, Do you think with some 11 rulers on the 159 trs mtx i would be in the clear for laying her over espn style??

thanks