Need help deciding on a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help deciding on a board

Hey Everyone,

New to the forums! Been riding for about 7 years now. I stopped riding for a few years, but have recently relit that flame after getting on the slopes recently. I'm currently using the same '04 M3 Cap 154 I picked up back when I was an intermediate rider. I would say I'm more of an advanced rider at this point. I'm an all-mountain type that typically likes to speed and carve down runs, but also slowing down and playing around as well. I like playing around in fresh pow as well when I get the chance to. I've dabbled in freestyle and am interested in getting more into that. I'm 5'8, 170 lbs, and wear a 10.5 size boot, so I think my current 154 is a bit too small for me anyway. Somewhere around 156-157 for my style of riding sounds like it would probably work better.

I've been looking at the Lib-Tech TRS 157, NS Proto HD 157, or possibly even the Jones Mountain Twin 157. I know the Jones board is directional and suited more for freeriding, but I think it might still suit my needs for freestyle as I don't currently spend a ton of time in the park. At this point I'm leaning towards the TRS as I live in Chicago, so icy conditions are pretty common and the magna-traction would come in handy, while it would allow some more free-style / park fun if I decide I want to get more into that. But I'm worried that it won't be as playful as the others and it feels a bit heavier than other boards.

Just looking for some suggestions one way or another. I'm also not dead set on these boards, so all ears when it comes to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by tehcolbysean; 01-14-2014 at 02:18 PM.
tehcolbysean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a 67 TRS and it's really solid all around the hill, but it isn't all that playful. You have to stay on top of it or it will put you in your place.
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote