Hmm...Targa's or 390's for the NS SL-R? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hmm...Targa's or 390's for the NS SL-R?

Hi all -
I've finally decided to get the NS SL-R over the TRS BTX. However I'm curious on which Rome bindings to match with the Sl-R (Targa or 390's).

A little about me. I'm 5'7" and 165ish. I'm an intermediate freerider looking to get into freestyle now (jumps and spins). I would be about 70% freeride and 30% parks. As I get better into freestyle I would move closer to 60/40.

What is the main difference in ride characteristics between the Targa and 390. They say 390's are more frestyle (or park?). Are the Rome's more all mountain freestyle?

Which of the two would be more ideal? Or even more forgiving since I'm trying to really get into and learn freestyle?

THank much for your inputs!
EC99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
MSchumacher

I just wanted to tag this thread because I am also interested in some Rome bindings (picked up the trs btx).

Reading reviews, it seems as if the targa is more customizable.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

you can subscribe without posting FYI but from my experience targas are a piece of shit despite the popular hype. if you are dead set between just these two bindings i would say get the targa. the 390 is softer so unless you like a soft feel you should enjoy the targa better. although honestly i know everyone is gunna jump on me for this but burton missions are way better then targas. there really isnt much about then to justify $100+ investment. just letting you know.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't necessarily have to stay between these two bindings. Any recommendations for what I'm looking to do and paired with the SL-R would be welcome.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've got 390's on my sl-r, works good. If you want stiffer go with the targa's, they are stiffer and have more adjustments.
mesomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

union forces are amazing bindings. i think they're a bit stiffer and cheaper than the 390s as well. they're super comfortable and so far i havent had any problems with em
shredder07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Just gotta pop in here and say K2 Formula/Sweaters are damn good all-mountain bindings since the highback flex is stiff on the outside and a bit more mellow on the inside. --> responsive + butterable.
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seedy J

EC99, I'm pretty much the same size and riding style as you, and I have 390s on my SL-R. I didn't like the 390s at first, but they were poorly adjusted. After adjusting them properly, I like them a lot more, but I've only really done freeriding and some easy ground tricks with them so far. They do feel a bit soft compared to Burton Cartels (only other decent binding I've used), but they're definitely not unresponsive. This weekend I'll be hitting a lot of jumps and trying to learn 360s, so I'll let you know how how they work out for that.

There's a guy on here called Luckyboyee (or something to that effect) who has Targas and an SL-R, but I don't think he's tried them out yet.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedy J View Post
EC99, I'm pretty much the same size and riding style as you, and I have 390s on my SL-R. I didn't like the 390s at first, but they were poorly adjusted. After adjusting them properly, I like them a lot more, but I've only really done freeriding and some easy ground tricks with them so far. They do feel a bit soft compared to Burton Cartels (only other decent binding I've used), but they're definitely not unresponsive. This weekend I'll be hitting a lot of jumps and trying to learn 360s, so I'll let you know how how they work out for that.

There's a guy on here called Luckyboyee (or something to that effect) who has Targas and an SL-R, but I don't think he's tried them out yet.
Hey Seedy -
Awesome. Yes please let me know how they handle with the jumps. I'm very much interested in hearing some input.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
crazydrummer

I'm also looking for some bindings for my SL-R. for the past few weekends i've been using Union Forces with them, but they broke on me this weekend. I like the binding but i can't have a bindings that going to break after 5 days of riding. So i'd not reccomend them.

Right now i'm trying to decide between cartels and 390's. I freeride mostly but hit jumps/do ground tricks all along the trail. Looking to get into some park by the end of the season tho.