Board Size, Narrow Stance, and Small Boot Size Problem? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Size, Narrow Stance, and Small Boot Size Problem?

So I finally got my board shipped but after setting up my bindings I'm worried about a couple things. For my background info:

Weight: 140 lbs
Height: 5'3"
Boot Size: 7
Riding Style: All mountain (Mainly freeride)
Budget: $500-700 overall
Location: Las Vegas, NV (Mt. Charleston, Brian Head, Big Bear)
Experience: Beginner

My board is an '09 Rome Agent 152 cm and 249 waist size. I'm using '08 Rome Targas for bindings and 32 Prions. I bought it based on weight since I thought height didn't matter but after setting it up I'm worried about my stance being too narrow since I used up the two innermost holes and I am locked at 18.5" with a 15/-15 stance which is a decent fit but I can't go any more narrow. I'm also worried about my feet being so small on the board and not getting enough edge control. Will there be a noticeable difference since I am short with small feet on a big board? For example, will it be harder to turn since my feet don't line up perfectly with the edges? Or will the board be unstable because my stance is too narrow *for this board.* I hope I don't have to sell this board before I first ride it but if this will definitely be a problem I'd rather sell it before I ride it then scratch it up and sell it afterward.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by TonySayz; 01-21-2009 at 12:51 AM. Reason: 152 not 153
TonySayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

nah, you'll be fine

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

should be good you picked a great board and the targas whilst i hate them are very responsive. my question for your really narrow stance while being so duck footed have you thought about going a lil wider and less duck footed? or do you like to ride witch alot? i would say trying going a bit wider and go to the standard 12/-3 and adjust from there you will find with your bindings that they can make up alot of control latencies.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
should be good you picked a great board and the targas whilst i hate them are very responsive. my question for your really narrow stance while being so duck footed have you thought about going a lil wider and less duck footed? or do you like to ride witch alot? i would say trying going a bit wider and go to the standard 12/-3 and adjust from there you will find with your bindings that they can make up alot of control latencies.
I don't ride switch a lot and I really haven't ridden a stance other than 15/-15 though I am feeling like it might be a bit too much. Hard to say without riding on it with this board yet so I'll try out 12/-3 next time I'm on the slopes. Thanks for the tip.
TonySayz is offline   Reply With Quote