I should be ok with this iron, right? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I should be ok with this iron, right?

I picked up a $6 nonstick iron from Walmart a few days ago. At first I layered some tin foil on it for waxing but it kept tearing, so I just said fuckit and took the foil off and waxed that way. It actually worked really well. And for an iron that I am only going to use for waxing (I don't iron any of my clothes), it's not so bad!

Thoughts?

edit: Oh and the nonstick part worked really well. I just wiped off the wax from the iron with a paper towel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thats what I use, a non stick Iron. Work's well.But it's a bitch to iron your clothe..
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Haha, I got smart a while ago and started buying clothes that don't need ironing. That way they go straight from the dryer to the hanger.

Use my iron for better things... like help my shredding!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 PM
DenBank

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
lol i did exactly the same
got walmart's cheapest iron and it works fine. the only problem is when you are heating iron, wax in the holes starts to burn. But when you put iron on the board with some more wax it disappears.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode