ride delta mvmt discs - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
stop123snow

Default ride delta mvmt discs

this is to anyone who is familiar with the slip disc with the offset holes.
if i put the "slip disc" text right side up like in the photo then the toe end of the binding hangs over the edge, only by half a cm if that.
and having the slits parallel to the edge or length wise down the board is the normal way, for more precise lengthwise adjustments. if anyone else with these offset discs or the same bindings could chime in it would be much appreciated.
thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What are you trying to ask?

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
stop123snow

which way to put the disc.
i have a size 12
those arent my bindings.
should i have the offset so the toes or heels hang over more there really isnt a center.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Rome Targa's were like that too. In the manual, it shows that you should put it that way pictured so you have more adjustibility over the stance width. However, I found that my boots were centered over the board, so I rotated it 90 degrees so I could move the bindings across the width of the board.
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
powderjet81

If you want to adjust for heel and toe overhang then you must turn the disk so that the slits go across your board. With the way it is shown there you can have a more adjustment in terms of stance width but not heel-toe.

So if heel/toe is an issue then put them on and lightly tighten them. Put your boots in your bindings and then turn your board upside down. You ideally want to see an even amount of the boot heel and toe overhanging both sides of the board.

You can also make adjustments for you foot length by extending the toe piece if your boots overhang the bindings.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjet81 View Post
If you want to adjust for heel and toe overhang then you must turn the disk so that the slits go across your board. With the way it is shown there you can have a more adjustment in terms of stance width but not heel-toe.

So if heel/toe is an issue then put them on and lightly tighten them. Put your boots in your bindings and then turn your board upside down. You ideally want to see an even amount of the boot heel and toe overhanging both sides of the board.

You can also make adjustments for you foot length by extending the toe piece if your boots overhang the bindings.
Perfect advice. especially since the Delta heel cups aren't adjustable. If you are on the large size for the binding(ie sz 11 for the 9-11 binding), then adjust the binding towards the heel edge so you have less toe overhang, and if you are on the small size(sz 9), then adjust them forward. Then put your boot inside and try and center the boot. I just did this exact procedure with my Delta's this weekend. Microadjustment on stance width is also not as important, so if you have 4x4 inserts mounting the inserts the other way doesn't really seem necessary

Last edited by redlude97; 01-21-2009 at 07:00 PM.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
stop123snow

cool
im a 12 and so im in between so ill have to put them perpendicular to the board
and live with the litte wider stance.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
stop123snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Perfect advice. especially since the Delta heel cups aren't adjustable. If you are on the large size for the binding(ie sz 11 for the 9-11 binding), then adjust the binding towards the heel edge so you have less toe overhang, and if you are on the small size(sz 9), then adjust them forward. Then put your boot inside and try and center the boot. I just did this exact procedure with my Delta's this weekend. Microadjustment on stance width is also not as important, so if you have 4x4 inserts mounting the inserts the other way doesn't really seem necessary
also what size are your bindings and boots, just curios to what you did.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop123snow View Post
also what size are your bindings and boots, just curios to what you did.
My boots are size 9 solomans, and I purchased the 7-9 binding size, thus I had more overhang over the front of the binding. I installed the disk perpendicular to the board edges, and then offset the binding ~1/2" towards the heelside. This worked out to be most even between the front and rear, and when ridden i didn't get any noticeable drag on either end
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote