Looking for a new board for the 2010 season - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
tonyroc14

Default Looking for a new board for the 2010 season

Well, right now i have an older kemper upland series board. it's a 160, and it's also a piece of you know what. Anyways, it was great for learning on, but i have progressed very fast, and i feel i would like a new snowboard. I rode my friends GNU board, and it felt much better, in all aspects. I am a pretty big dude, I am 6'2", 170 pounds, and my feet are size 12, and im accualy useing size 13 boots. I was looking around at new boards and the Arbor Roundhouse board really caught my eye. Its awsome graphics, and build quality, plus it is a little stiffer, and wider for me. I ride all mountain, jumps, rails, and machine groomed, and powder. Im looking for a board in the 500 dollar range, and that one really seemed to sum it up. I am not aware of there new structurn base though, and i'd like to hear your thoughts on that. Also, if there are any other boards i can look at that fit in this range, please let me know. I was also looking at bindings, as mine seem to un-strap sometimes. I was lookiing at the burton Cartel's. They are very nice looking, lightweight, and have an adjustable toe base(not sure of the correct terminology) So, i'd like to hear your thoughts on this as well. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

arbor makes really good boards for big guys because generally they are all stiff, and they are high quality boards. cartels are also a decent choice, but i would try them on with your boots. burton bindings are picky about there boots. like my celsius' and cartels dont agree 100% of the time lol..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
tonyroc14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
arbor makes really good boards for big guys because generally they are all stiff, and they are high quality boards. cartels are also a decent choice, but i would try them on with your boots. burton bindings are picky about there boots. like my celsius' and cartels dont agree 100% of the time lol..
well i am prolly going to get new boots as well. Mine are falling apart. If you dont know, all my gear is used, 60 bucks for board and bindings and 50 bucks for the boots. So really it isnt all bad considering how cheap it is. Well the thing about that board was that it was still pretty flexible, and it was stiff on the tail, witch would help with olies... Well when buying boots/bindings ill be sure they fit pretty good.