Best All Mountain/Park Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best All Mountain/Park Board

Hey guys, I know this question has probably been asked a ton around here but I've decided I need some help on this. I've been riding a forum youngblood for the past 4 years, and before that I had some sort of all mountain ride board (forgot the name). I've been going at it for about 9 years, 6'1, and 185 pounds. I'm buying a new board at the end of this season because I'm not as interested in park as I used to be and the youngblood was pretty dedicated to that as I bought it a little smaller. I'm looking for a board that would suit powder runs, back country, and still be able to hit the park decently. The main thing is being able to ride the mountain like a park, hitting ungroomed trails and airing off drop offs/natural terrain. I was looking at the 14' arbor blacklist but that may be too geared towards park. Maybe not. Any advice on this subject would be appreciated as I haven't bought a board in a very long time. Thanks in advance.
pellpell41293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

And just in case, I mainly ride at killington, besides jibs set up outside my apartment (i'll use my youngblood for those), and yearly trips to CO.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

K2 Happy Hour has to be up there this year. Not sure if I've seen anyone not love that board so far.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Pell- I'm pretty much in your riding demographic. I wanted a quiver-killer for the northeast mountains. Lets face it, NE conditions can be pretty variable so we need something that can take it all right?

I picked up the Rome Mod Rocker and I love it. Second year on it. Its rocker but a bit stiffer than most, so it floats, holds and edge and takes jumps and rails like a champ. Check it out.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm not too sure about the K2, i'll have to definitely read more reviews on it though. The Rome mod rocker however caught my eye. I've always been interested in Rome but never rode their boards before. Sheepstealer did you pick up the 14' or a previous season? I'm looking around now, cheapest I can find is for about 500 so i'm probably going to wait for the post season to come around to pick it up, unless a '13 or a '12 pops up somewhere because i'm itching to ride another board.

From every review that board looks perfect for me
Old 01-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Take reviews with a grain of salt, most review sites suck beaver anus (which is where raspberry flavouring comes from... fun fact of the day) and they just write crummy reviews without proper testing just to get site traffic for the search term.

That said, there are some early reviews on it (it's a brand new lifted camber design): 2014 K2 Happy Hour Snowboard Used and Reviewed «

If you do a quick search on the forum, I don't think you'll find a single person who's ridden it so far that hasn't put it among the best all-mountain boards this year. That board just kills it on everything.

The Rome mod rocker is good too, both are great boards really.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah I figured with the reviews. Not the beaver anus, never heard that before. Although I appreciate it because that'll definitely come in handy if i ever run out of shit to say.

Anyways I've never ridden a board with a stabby tip like that and I'm not sure if that majorly affects the way the board rides but I'm not too comfortable with the idea of it. Feel like I'd catch it a lot if I was ever pressing around. I'd have to hold the board for myself to check em out
Old 01-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

I ride the Arbor Westmark which is the reg width version of the Blacklist. LOVE IT!!!! it handles the park as any vid of Scotty Vive will prove and even though I bought it in a size that I was tooo heavy for last year (slimmed down for this year) it handled everything!! knee deep POW, groomers, hardpack/ice, tree runs you name it.
61ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Check out a Skate Banana[/URL], or the ultimate quiver-killer, the Attack Banana[/URL]. Both sick boards and will kill it anywhere in any conditions..... If those are a little steep $$ wise, the Capita Horrorscope[/URL] or the Smokin Hooligan[/URL] are good options, def more jibby though.
nice spam, sneaky but to repetitive to quickly
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Check out a Skate Banana, or the ultimate quiver-killer, the Attack Banana. Both sick boards and will kill it anywhere in any conditions..... If those are a little steep $$ wise, the Capita Horrorscope or the Smokin Hooligan are good options, def more jibby though.
This guy is a spammer and or an idiot.

Check out these boards that can float pow well but still be ok in the park, K2 turbo dream, Salomon assassin or time machine, Flow era, burton custom flying v, arbor coda, never summer SL, stepchild FTW, yes basic.