Fat guy & Rossignol Krypto Magtek - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

I rode the Krypto as a demo for a morning.

I found it to be a pretty solid board. the magtek cuts deep into the snow, so you might have a little learning curve there getting used to the sudden, solid bite of this tech. The only other point of note I found with the board was that it seemed to be in its element when it was "hard charged" ie a little faster seems to suit the build of this board. I didn't find it to be incredibly/especially "nimble" or quick to turn - that could have been me though.

On a more aesthetic level.. I loved the look and shape of this board!

Good lukc buddy, keep your mind set positive
knoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have 164W Krypto as Knoxious said it likes to go fast, you will have a little learning curve, but you'll be fine. I'm 6'3" 230 Lbs size 11 1/2 boot. Welcome to the forum and back to snowboarding.
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Awesome thanks for the replies guys!
swaity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Wow! All these 6'+, large-ish 220+ fellows! Now I really feel like a lard ass!!

So you know that you aren't likely to bust a board that big,.. I started riding 3 seasons ago at 6 ft. around 195-200lbs on a 163cm board. I've since gained about 35-40 lbs. and may have shrunk a half inch due to my own back trouble. So at easily 255-260lbs, fully geared up, I've been riding a Rome 159 and NeverSummer 157. I'm WAY outta the weight range of those and I manage OK!

...of course I ain't taking them off 40ft kickers or hitting the halfpipe either!

Oh, and I'm old too! Hahaha! Have fun!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It is a great board. I own one myself and it is super fun in all conditions. It will be perfect for you. Enjoy. Also a binding that May give you some grace as you start getting better is the Now Drive. IMO they will give you the confidence you are looking for.

Last edited by ridinbend; 01-17-2014 at 07:59 PM.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hi again!

I wound up making it out friday night. It was amazing, I forgot how much fun boarding is. I just went to the little hill we have in town here, and to be honest the first run down I had to stop about half way on a not very big hill and catch my breath. After that I seemed to find my groove. Took a decent tumble on my second run but nothing major. Ah it was so much fun, and the day after I'm not in pain really, just my body feeling out of shape.

The board was awesome. For bindings I wound up going to 4 stores friday afternoon and checking a wide range out. I went with the K2 Cinch CTS in the end. I was still a bit leery on strap bindings with my back. For me the Cinch is fantastic, and was in my price range. I got the straps setup at home on my couch exactly how I wanted it. On the hill I open up the rear which pushes up the front straps to make the entry extremely easy, just step in and lean over a bit and pull up the heel lever which had a nice pull string to make it even easier to reach. At the end of the run it was as easy to step out, no sitting and minimal bending. Just hopefully it stands up.

After using it for one evening I think I have a decent setup for my situation. Next I'd like to find an affordable helmet before I go to the mountains.

Thanks again for all the advice and help!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hi again!

I wound up making it out friday night. It was amazing, I forgot how much fun boarding is. I just went to the little hill we have in town here, and to be honest the first run down I had to stop about half way on a not very big hill and catch my breath. After that I seemed to find my groove. Took a decent tumble on my second run but nothing major. Ah it was so much fun, and the day after I'm not in pain really, just my body feeling out of shape.

The board was awesome. For bindings I wound up going to 4 stores friday afternoon and checking a wide range out. I went with the K2 Cinch CTS in the end. I was still a bit leery on strap bindings with my back. For me the Cinch is fantastic, and was in my price range. I got the straps setup at home on my couch exactly how I wanted it. On the hill I open up the rear which pushes up the front straps to make the entry extremely easy, just step in and lean over a bit and pull up the heel lever which had a nice pull string to make it even easier to reach. At the end of the run it was as easy to step out, no sitting and minimal bending. Just hopefully it stands up.

After using it for one evening I think I have a decent setup for my situation. Next I'd like to find an affordable helmet before I go to the mountains.

Thanks again for all the advice and help!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #18 (permalink)

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first time back out!
GregB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Good stuff.
ksup3erb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hey, good luck with your boarding, i have broken my back twice in 6 years, and am ageing quickly as well, 44 now, and feeling it with my back problems...

The board sounds like fun, the bindings are good, i had the same but moved over to flow which i found even easier to use, but i still have my Cinch as well...

The weight thing is something different, and as you find yourself more active this will, or should change, i always put on weight in the summer as i am a lazy sod, so end up 260-270lbs, and i always finish the season at least 50lbs lighter, so i take little notice of the weight and i do actually ride a board as small as 153 at times...

I know it makes a difference, but for how us old people ride, never really gonna notice it in the same way i don't think...

Have fun, stay safe and just enjoy...

2012/13 114 days
2013/14 102 days

Rides

K2 Jibpan 153, K2 Fastplant 154, Ride DH2 158, Endeavour Vice 155, Signal OG 155, Lamar Word 154
Kevin137 is offline   Reply With Quote