Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need a 2nd board more for jumps/park (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/120393-need-2nd-board-more-jumps-park.html)

Spence680 01-17-2014 02:04 PM

Need a 2nd board more for jumps/park

I'm currently on a lib tech t. Rice pro 157 with flow nx2-gt bindings. This board is a monster on trails and holds an edge like crazy but it's way to catchy for the park I feel. So if your landing is not perfect hold on because it's going to catch edge and send you flying. So what's a good choice for park, kickers, playing around on jumps on trails etc? I'm 5"11 180lbs with a 10.5 boot. Looking to go down in the low 150 size range. Also some good bindings please. I saw academy propa camba was getting good reviews? One last thing is for it to be able to ride trails decent in case everyone decides to switch to some trails from the park I don't have to run to switch boards. Thanks guys!

Nivek 01-17-2014 02:51 PM

What I'd be pointing you towards; Echelon Orion, Flow Era, Salomon Assassin, Nitro Rook, Burton Parkitect, K2 Fastplant, Yes Jackpot, Slash Happy Place, or a Capita Indoor.

Probably all around that 154-156 range.

readimag 01-17-2014 02:55 PM

I have the orion and love it for the park and it is ok on the mtn, I also have a Marhar throwback 156 and it is awesome for park and all mtn. I think it is more cause the throwback is a 156 and I ride more out of the park then I do in it. The best part of the orion is the 3d edges so it is a lot harder for me to hit an edge when board sliding. I also am just about your size also so a 156 for park will be fine if you want it to go elsewhere also.

SnowDogWax 01-17-2014 02:56 PM

Rossi Angus

Spence680 01-17-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 1446513)
What I'd be pointing you towards; Echelon Orion, Flow Era, Salomon Assassin, Nitro Rook, Burton Parkitect, K2 Fastplant, Yes Jackpot, Slash Happy Place, or a Capita Indoor.

Probably all around that 154-156 range.

Would going any shorter be to unstable for my height and weight? Also seems like boot overhang starts becoming an issue with shorter boards.

miplatt88 01-17-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readimag (Post 1446553)
I have the orion and love it for the park and it is ok on the mtn, I also have a Marhar throwback 156 and it is awesome for park and all mtn. I think it is more cause the throwback is a 156 and I ride more out of the park then I do in it. The best part of the orion is the 3d edges so it is a lot harder for me to hit an edge when board sliding. I also am just about your size also so a 156 for park will be fine if you want it to go elsewhere also.

How is the throwback in powder? I was thinking of picking up that or an archaic as an all mountain freeride board.

readimag 01-17-2014 07:56 PM

It is a rocker so it does well in the pow like my blacklist did, it is no powder snake but gets the job done.