Help with board for size 13 boot?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Help with board for size 13 boot??

Hey gang, Im an intermediate snowboarder and have been riding for about 8 years. I am now moving to Breckenridge and will be hitting the slopes at least 5 times a week. I don't however have a board that fits me and have been renting the last few seasons. Im 6'2, weigh 180 lbs and wear a size 13 or 13.5 boot. finding a set up that works for me can be challenging as I want to avoid heel/toe drag. I will be spending a lot of time on this set up and need some advice on boards bindings and boots that will be durable and comfortable for long days on the mountain. I am an all mountain rider and would like to try out more natural terrain and powder as well as some more park stuff if I get a chance. I definitely like to go fast. What boards would be good for me that are below $400. Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You need a Wide Snowboard about 157-160CM. Good thing there are several very nice snowboards in this size and right at your budget

K2 Raygun 160W- This is a very good snowboard for for the money, many people just ride this one, even over more expensive boards. Lots of reviews on this site. This is what i would get if i only could have one board on a budget.

Rossignol Templar magtek 159W- anther good all mountain board, good hybrid rocker profile for good pop and pow float.

Capita NAS 160W- Regular camber normal snowboard with some setback, good for going fast. ok pow float.

Bindings- Union force, solid comfy bindings with good performance, also very durable.

Boots- comfort is really up to you, go to a shop and try on every pair you can afford. buy stiffer boots with regular laces as they tend to last longer by not breaking down as fast.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=NickN;1449009]Found this sick deal! The board would be awesome for you and you can't beat the price.
insert spam hereQUOTE]

nice spam
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

[QUOTE=bseracka;1449033]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
Found this sick deal! The board would be awesome for you and you can't beat the price.
insert spam hereQUOTE]

nice spam
Sadly it was on-topic so I would have let it ride except that his only other post also referenced the same business. We like snowboarding products (we're probably all gear whores) but we don't like marketing bots.

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board advice, board size, size 13 boot