First time using a rocker board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

This link helped without insulting my " False Memory" of being able to ride or "Poor technique" http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...de-rocker.html
xxxxxxxxxxDarkDrive00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I went from a stiff camber to rockered board and while the feel was different, it wasn't even close to what you describe. Once you stand up, all boards flatten out and the effective edge is in contact with the snow. It's what they do when you unweight or "overweight" them that makes them different.

But not being able to stand up because you couldn't get on edge? Ummm...that's not the board

Sounds like your weight isn't close to the center.

Last edited by Bones; 01-19-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDrive00 View Post
This link helped without insulting my " False Memory" of being able to ride or "Poor technique" http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...de-rocker.html
You missed the important point: you're NOT riding a "rocker". You've a hybrid flat, not a rocker. It's a flat board with rocker in tip/tail and no rocker between the feet thus it's not a rocker, which would have rocker between the feet. Read the link with the different profiles before playing miffed and interchanging well-intended advice with insult...
Old 01-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Not sure where you got the Hybrid. Solomon calls it a Flat Rocker board but at this point we are just splitting hairs.Salomon Pulse Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet
Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I went from a stiff camber to rockered board and while the feel was different, it wasn't even close to what you describe. Once you stand up, all boards flatten out and the effective edge is in contact with the snow. It's what they do when you unweight or "overweight" them that makes them different.

But not being able to stand up because you couldn't get on edge? Ummm...that's not the board

Sounds like your weight isn't close to the center.
I think you might be right, maybe my back foot binding was set back to much.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I think you might be right, maybe my back foot binding was set back to much.
Rocker is all rocker...no flat, all banana
Rocker between the feet and camber tips is hybrid.
Flat between the feet and rocker tips is hybrid

YOU need to be centered. It doesn't matter where your binding is if your weight is 80% on one foot. You can stand up and ride with only one foot strapped if you're balanced.

Everything you describe: can't get an edge to stand up, board spinning out, etc. is a symptom of poor fore and aft balance.

Try this self-evaluation: ride across the hill (ie perpendicular to the fall line). Hop quickly on your board 5 or 6 times, getting 6 inches of air each hop while moving forward. If both your feet don't leave the ground at the same time, you're not centered and your weight is too much on the slower foot.

Last edited by Bones; 01-19-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Not sure where you got the Hybrid. Solomon calls it a Flat Rocker board but at this point we are just splitting hairs.Salomon Pulse Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet
Anyway, I give up.

Last edited by neni; 01-19-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: I give up
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

What I'm saying is if my binding is set back to far, and most of my weight is on that back foot I'm not going to be centered.

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxxDarkDrive00; 01-19-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
What I'm saying is if my binding is set back to far, and most of my weight is on that back foot I'm not going to be centered.
And what I'm saying is that if most of your weight is on your back foot, then that's bad technique regardless of where your binding is.

Dude, if your season is that short, don't waste any more of it diagnosing things by trial and error: take a lesson.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think I will take it from here. Thanks for your help..