Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Piece of topsheet on new board chipped (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/120777-piece-topsheet-new-board-chipped.html)

bigbluebear 01-19-2014 03:14 AM

Piece of topsheet on new board chipped

Hi!

Took my new board up the slopes for the first time this season and had a blast! Unfortunately, some other boarder nicked my board while waiting in line for the lift and now there is a small chip on an edge of the top sheet.

What do people here generally do when that happens? I'm thinking of slapping a little bit of superglue on there just to prevent water from getting in and calling it a day.

Thanks!

corneilli 01-19-2014 04:21 AM

Depends on what you mean with 'small'. I also have 'small' chips on my topsheet but I just leave it like that, if the core is exposed (small chance) then put something on it to prevent it from water damage.

tradnwaves4snow 01-19-2014 05:35 AM

take a razor blade to it and just cut it off. if its into the core however seal it with some marine epoxy (flexible watertight)

readimag 01-19-2014 06:50 AM

Yeah don’t worry about it or do and send me the board asap my Heritage has tons of hits from trees, rocks, boards and small fuzzy animals.

corneilli 01-19-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readimag (Post 1450089)
Yeah donít worry about it or do and send me the board asap my Heritage has tons of hits from trees, rocks, boards and small fuzzy animals.

hahahah :laugh:

ThisIsSnow 01-19-2014 09:11 AM

first day out with my new board, some idiot with a rental LTR came crashing into me from behind and scratched my topsheet in two places. shit happens :dunno:

bigbluebear 01-19-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corneilli (Post 1449977)
Depends on what you mean with 'small'. I also have 'small' chips on my topsheet but I just leave it like that, if the core is exposed (small chance) then put something on it to prevent it from water damage.

Got any images of what you mean by the core is exposed? In my situation, I see a tiny piece of the top sheet has chipped and i see a wood color underneath. I'll take photos when I get home.

Poop 01-19-2014 01:54 PM

its fine snowboards are gonna get chipped sooner or later

FaceplantMaster 01-26-2014 11:01 PM

I bought a new board and binding this year (really expensive :( ) and due to a million reasons which some are stupid (like getting my first scratch from my basement floor) I have a lot of scratches and a few chips as well as some damage to my bindings, but they're all cosmetic and like anything new, after your first scratch it becomes easier not to sweat it anymore.

jdang307 01-26-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readimag (Post 1450089)
Yeah donít worry about it or do and send me the board asap my Heritage has tons of hits from trees, rocks, boards and small fuzzy animals.

Quit humping your board. :laugh: