Stairmaster vs Agent - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
kyouness

Default Stairmaster vs Agent

ok, here's the thing. i absolutely love my Scaremaster but i feel it's too long for my weight jib-wise, so i'm getting another Stairmaster at 144 for jibbing and giving my current stick to a friend. i'm also gonna be looking for an all-mountain freestyle board for when i want to do some kickers off the blacks and i'm close to deciding on a 149 Agent as it would be kinda ridiculous for me to get another Stairmaster for that (besides i don't think a 2.5 degree bevel would be too kind on the landings). i also like the Agent's leaner profile which would probably make it easier to carve than the Stairmaster, along with more aggressive edges.

my problem is the flex. i've no experience with the Agent in terms of real world testing so i'm really looking for someone who's compared both side by side to give me the lowdown on the flex of the Agent compared to the Stairmaster. the Stairmaster's really soft nose and tail, but stiffer down the middle which i like for the pop while still being able to butter. is the Agent stiffer? if so, by how much and at what pattern? or are they about the same flex which i would actually prefer.

i'll also be pairing the Stairmaster with Rome 390's. should i go with 390's on the Agent as well or nab some Targas for the all-mountain aspect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've never tried the Scaremaster unfortunately. What size is your Scaremaster? Maybe I could try it out for you and compare against my Agent

I can honestly say the Agent has enough flex to play around in the park, while still being stiff enough to handle bombing runs.

The 390s have adjustable ankle straps so you could set them in the back for max support, forward for forgiveness in the park, or in the middle for all-around versatility. I haven't taken them out of the middle yet though
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
kyouness

my Scaremaster's a 152. your description of the Agent sounds a lot like the Stairmaster. i love the flex of it as it handles everything i throw at it with a lot of room for more. reason i'm going smaller is basically for a lower swing weight. also with the Scaremaster's mid-wide nature, a slimmer profile seems a lot easier to carve as i've noticed with my friend's UnInc. i thought i'd need the wider waist with size 10 boots but apparently not. i guess CAPiTA's description of the Stairmaster/Scaremaster series of being for bigger guys getting smaller boards was completely true. i'm even gonna be downsizing my boots to a 9.5 after this season for a tighter feel overall with smaller boots and a slimmer board. there's just been a little more effort than i'd like getting to toeside from heelside, which isn't apparent in the slimmer boards and even a smaller Stairmaster that i've tried.

Last edited by kyouness; 01-23-2009 at 01:36 PM.