Looking for recommendations - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brett3rThanU

Default Looking for recommendations

Hi guys.

I just joined the forum today because I'm on the hunt for a snowboard. I've been snowboarding twice and love the sport, however I live in Texas and only get to go once or twice a year. At this point I'm considering buying a beginner - intermediate snowboard, partially because I'm finding the '08 snowboards are pretty dirt cheap this time of year and it will save me the cost of a rental in the long run. Can you guys make some recommendations because honestly, I don't know a whole lot.

Weight - 160 lbs
Boot size - 11 Mens
Riding style - Still rather new
Age - 28 so I'm not growing anymore
Budget - $400 to $500
Your location of riding - Colorado (Breck, Keystone, Vail, A-Basin, etc)

One of my friends recommended the Burton Cartel bindings, I found them for $109 for the 2008 model. I think with a size 11 boot I would need Large bindings? My friend also said at that point I might want to consider a wide board? If you guys have an recommendations for a board, bindings, and boots I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boots are something you need to try on. They fit everyone's foot differently and what may be comfortable for one person, may not be for you. So find the nearest board shop and try on every pair of boots they have in your size. Walk around in them, wear them for a good ten minutes or so, and put your feet on the floor like you are strapped into a board. Bend your knees flex around and see how they feel. Make sure you bring a pair of snowboard socks with you so you can get the correct feel. As everyone will tell you this is the most important part of the equation. If your boots are comfortable, your riding won't be comfortable, therefore you won't ride as much and will have to stop to let your feet recover from the pain. DON'T SKIMP OUT ON BOOTS!

As for bindings...I have alwasy been a big fan of ride. Just what I was originally introduced to and what I have continued to use. My first pair was the Ride EX bindings. Now I'm rocking the NRC's. I've never had a problem with Ride bindings which is why I continue to use them. There are many other good brands out there such as drake, rome, etc.
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote