Is this repairable - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
CtotheQ

Default Is this repairable

was it something that was my fault.... the only thing I can think of that would have caused it was some butterin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
MaPolley07

I'm no expert by any means, but that looks like it should be covered under warranty. I don't see any impact marks from the pictures, so that looks to me like just the P-Tex delaminating from the board. I would call LibTech and send them the pictures. Even with some impact, a board shouldn't do that.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Doubt it. But even if that was able to be repaired, the board would never be the same again. That's either serious abuse or a serious defect. Buttering should never do that, not even to a Lamar shit-stick. I'm with the previous poster, see what you can get under warranty. That or just never turn toeside again.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
MSchumacher

My friend got cut off by a skier and had a much worse gouge then that. He took it to a shop and they did a very good job of it. Try to warranty it first but it should be fixable.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

It should be warrantyable. Lib reallllllly needs to start putting full metal edges on their boards; it couldn't possibly cost that much more, and the protection is without a doubt worth it.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
MSchumacher

I always wondered why lib tech doesn't put the metal edge all the way around. it seems to be a pretty big problem
Old 01-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
iggnew

It's probably repairable if it hasn't soaked up any water into the core, but your better off trying to warranty it.

IMO this has nothing to do with not having a metal edge there. Looks like it delaminating, not impact damage. Has nothing to do with a lack of metal edge. How could a metal edge help the base stick any better?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lynch[425]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Doubt it. But even if that was able to be repaired, the board would never be the same again. That's either serious abuse or a serious defect. Buttering should never do that, not even to a Lamar shit-stick. I'm with the previous poster, see what you can get under warranty. That or just never turn toeside again.
LOL! this happened to my friends lamar a few weeks ago when we were riding. cant remember what he did but he took some kinda fall and thing broke open just like in the picture
Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggnew View Post
It's probably repairable if it hasn't soaked up any water into the core, but your better off trying to warranty it.

IMO this has nothing to do with not having a metal edge there. Looks like it delaminating, not impact damage. Has nothing to do with a lack of metal edge. How could a metal edge help the base stick any better?
I think it could in the sense that the metal is in contact with the snow, esp in hard packed/ice scenarios since the metal ain't gonna give easily. By not having metal cover the tips/tail it's relying on the base when you touch that area on the snow to hold up digging into the ground. Just thinking about it, I have to say the metal would be a far better protection from this. Just detune your tip and tail heavily as pretty much all sources recommend since we never use them for turning, just the effective edges.

I'm not extensively familiar with those boards, but I'd have to say it would of been better if they weren't putting metal edges there to at least put some sort of plastic cap around it to protect it when you accidentally do dig into hard packed/ice conditions with your tip or tail.

Screw being normal
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynch[425] View Post
LOL! this happened to my friends lamar a few weeks ago when we were riding. cant remember what he did but he took some kinda fall and thing broke open just like in the picture
OK, I stand corrected. This CAN happen to a Lamar shit-stick. Mental note: Lamar even cheaper and crappier than I thought.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote