Butt Protection - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
shadowonyx

Default Butt Protection

A few days ago I came down pretty hard on my ass from a jump, and needless to say, I have been pretty sore. I think I was pretty lucky not to fall directly on my tailbone, but more off-center just bruising my ass. After thinking about it, I should probably take some precautions so I don't really screw my body up and might invest in some kind of padding. I have had my eye on a pair of R.E.D. Total Impact Shorts.

Anyone here ever use them or recommend them? Is there any other brand I should also consider? I've read that most people put them on and completely forget that they are even wearing them, until the fall and it hardly hurts. I would just like to know your thoughts on them. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

not to sound like an ass but this topic has been covered pretty well in fact twice this week. and funny thing about this little feature called the search button it will reveal a thread that actually you stole the name from. this is the epitome of rethreading

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...rotection.html
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
shadowonyx

I believe you are the same person who awarded me with a gold star and then called me a "bag of douche" a few days ago, which I must admit was rather humorous.
but not to get off-topic, i did search around for a half hour or so and read through the thread you had posted. I'm more interested in hearing some specific reviews in these RED total impact shorts, which I was unable to find in the search.

Last edited by shadowonyx; 01-23-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

After reading several reviews I actually purchased these RED Total impact shorts... since I live in Miami I was not able to test it on the slopes. Let me tell you that once I tried them on with my snowboard pants over them, I immediately returned them to Backcountry.com! They are the most uncomfortable piece I have ever worn!
Some days later, after reading several threads on the topic, a fellow member recommended the "Pro-tec hip pads".
I also ordered them online, they got here yesterday and I must admit they are extremely comfortable!
However, the protection level is drastically lower than the RED.
The Pro-tec only has foam protection, the RED has some special plastic material (in addition to foam) which I am sure will offer much better impact protection.

Finally, and I apologize if this is getting long...
If you want comfort get the Pro-tec with a little protection, if you dont mind feeling like a medieval knight get the RED. haha!
paulperroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
shadowonyx

Good to know. comfort was one of my concerns with these shorts. Ill have to look into the Pro-Tech hip pads. Thanks