Boot & binding recommendations? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
o0Dan0o

Default Boot & binding recommendations?

I've been looking for boots and bindings to match my 08 Ride Concept UL. The board is light and fairly flexible and my main intent is downhill boarding, mostly mogul runs, with no real intention to get into board parks. I'm looking for a stiff pair of boots/bindings to give me good control over the more flexible board. Burton boots have always fit me well, though I have never paid much attention to the model. I really like the fit of the Burton Ions that I tried on.

This is my first time to buy boots, so I was looking to pick some brains. I'd say I'm better than intermediate but not a true advanced boarder. I normally board fewer than 10 days a season, normally at Vail, Co. Been boarding consistently since about 2000, but I started skiing when I was 4 or 5(early 80's). I've been demoing boards for the last two seasons, which is how I came upon the Concept UL, I went through about 8 different boards before that one, and once I rode on it I knew I had to have it.

I wear a 9.5 in Burtons, I have a "normal" sized foot across the ball but a narrow arch and heal, so I tend to prefer narrow boots in general. I live in Houston, so I don't really have access to all the boots under the sun to try on and try out. I was hoping to be able to buy them for when I go later this season, but I thinking it would be smarter to wait until I can try on a few more different styles. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Dan

P.S. I'm 5'11" 180lbs and the boards a 159cm.

Last edited by o0Dan0o; 01-23-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 02:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
o0Dan0o

Bump. Any recommendations?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

yeah i recommend searching. as you will see boots are a try on as many as you can type deal. bindings well there are alot of good write ups and reviews on here about pretty much every binding out there. so stop bumping and start searching when you have a specific question please ask.