BURTON CUSTOM Wide - what size, ICS, alternatives.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
tomasxxx

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Question BURTON CUSTOM Wide - what size, ICS, alternatives..

Hi,
I'm looking for a new snowboard and binding. I'm an intermediate rider, I'm 189cm tall(to chin 164cm,

to nose 171cm) and I'm both freeride and freestyle rider, so the ideal length of the board should be

about 167cm. The problem is that burton recommends for the Custom Wide 167 75-100kg weight of the

rider but I have just 69kg. (I have boot size Eur46=US12 so I do need a wide board)

1. the question is - is it better to choose a board with correct length but recommended for heavier

riders? or short board which fits for my weight?(Custom wide 162 is recommended for 68+kg riders)

2. do you have a personal experience with the burton ICS system? isn't it useless? (I'd like to buy

also a binding with the EST)

3. you could also recommend some alternatives to this board (I'm considering also Nitro pantera)

Tomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:42 PM
DennisK

For your weight custom wide 162 would be perfect.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:01 AM
tomasxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
For your weight custom wide 162 would be perfect.
Hi Dennis, thanks for your answer It's similar to replies I got in other forums..

So should I choose the length of the board according my weight not my height(more less) right?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Miha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasxxx View Post
Hi Dennis, thanks for your answer It's similar to replies I got in other forums..

So should I choose the length of the board according my weight not my height(more less) right?
You should take the board that fits your weight,becuase bigger boards have stiffer flex.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode