GNU billygoat vs Mans board stiffness - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default GNU billygoat vs Mans board stiffness

Thinking of downgrading my 162 2013 GNU billygoat to something smaller with some camber. Theres a 159 Salomon Mans board at one of the local shops for cheap, has anyone ridden both boards and can compare the flex?
Most people agree the Mans board is a stiff board but the billygoat is rated at a similar 7.5 (compared to 7 on the Salomon) and I wouldn't want anything stiffer.
Any help would be appreciated, cheers guys.
kwillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

I had last years trice pro and if I remember correctly it had similar flex rating to the BG. I am riding the mans board 165 this year and its not any stiffer than the trice.

I will say I am much happier to be back on a board with camber between the binders, no longer feel like I'm on a teeter totter that could catch an edge at any moment.

Mans board is great for switch riding and has been great all over the mountain, although we have yet to have snow that could be considered powder here so i cant judge that .... but we are going to sacrifice a few skiers this week in hope of appeasing the pow gods so maybe ill be knee deep by next weekend.
Nein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Resident poet

^ off topic...have never caught an edge with the BG going on 1.5 seasons...(knocks wood)...seems near impossible to do especially with the BG torsional looseness.

and where are you seeing knee deep?
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I didn't say we are seeing knee deep....I said after we sacrifice some skiers to the snow gods hopefully we will see knee deep. (I'm not gonna hold my breath tho)
Nein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nein11 View Post
I had last years trice pro and if I remember correctly it had similar flex rating to the BG. I am riding the mans board 165 this year and its not any stiffer than the trice.

I will say I am much happier to be back on a board with camber between the binders, no longer feel like I'm on a teeter totter that could catch an edge at any moment.

Mans board is great for switch riding and has been great all over the mountain, although we have yet to have snow that could be considered powder here so i cant judge that .... but we are going to sacrifice a few skiers this week in hope of appeasing the pow gods so maybe ill be knee deep by next weekend.
Yeh the exact reason I'm looking at the mans board, camber between the feet, I'm not a fan of the C2s profile. Cheers for the info mate, still tossing up on a few choices.
kwillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillo View Post
Yeh the exact reason I'm looking at the mans board, camber between the feet, I'm not a fan of the C2s profile. Cheers for the info mate, still tossing up on a few choices.
I think the c2 goat has been great for teaching me fore/aft movement...with the goat have to be in the front seat...but also when in the back seat you learn to quickly move to the front...but yeah being in the back seat with the goat, powering out is fun...out of control...frickin hang on and jump to the front of the bus. And I like camber also..which have rode mostly and the goat has also taught me to ride camber even better...much better at snapping the pops.